Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2007, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 7,423 times

Advertisements

Looking for 6 month rental in the north Scottsdale area. Will be working in North Scottsdale at a golf course for the winter. The Keirland area looks nice but cannot find any rentals less than 8 months. Two bedroom 2 bathroom is what we need. Any suggestions would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2007, 08:38 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times
Winter - the height of our increased rental season - snowbird prices. You'll be able to find stuff to rent for 6 months - and even month to month. The trick around here is to just ask the person renting it. If you go through a private landlord VS a real estate/management company - you will get exactly what you want. There are more private landlords in this area than there are Saguaro Cactus' - you'll find them mostly on craigslist and in the newspaper classifieds. There are always condos available in the Keirland area. Good luck!

Old 10-06-2007, 08:40 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,164,624 times
Short term rentals in Scottsdale are usually the "seasonal" kind that cost a fortune more than regular rentals. It's a little more difficult to find a rental that will do less than a year lease.

Try looking on Craigslist or realtor.com if haven't already.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:38 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,208,236 times
Try Desert Club. About 1-2 miles up Scottsdale from Kierland. I live there. I believe they do shorter term, and they had a lot of 2/2 available when I was looking. Not sure what rates are on a 6 month lease.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:03 AM

12 posts, read 84,514 times
Hi Ryan,

You're right on the money with thinking Kierland would be a great place to hang out for 6 months. It's a great location in Scottsdale that is close to just about everything. Other good areas would be places like Grayhawk, DC Ranch and McDowell Mountain Ranch. If you like to go out to clubs and things of that nature look into something like McCormick Ranch.

Take care of finding a rental in a timely manner, because the Superbowl is being held here this year, and the closer we get, the more landlords will tend to hold out for big bucks during that time. I've seen some places listed in Kierland during the month of Superbowl asking $10,000 for the month. Ouch.

I'm a Scottsdale Realtor but I don't really do rentals. I did however set up a search for you for rentals in the Kierland area. Concentrate on addreses such as 15221 North Clubgate Drive (Kierland Greens) and 15240 North Clubgate Drive (Legends). These are located next to Kierland Commons which is a super nice shopping center. Those two complexes are also located on the Kierland golf course which is very nice as well. If you see something you like, let me know. I will give you the listing agents contact information. Good luck.

Kierland Area Rental Home Search - From the Arizona MLS

Kierland Area Rental Home Search - Craigslist search for Kierland rentals

Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
I live at Kierland. While I am not sure about the short-term leasing options, I am very sure that the area is extremely liveable. I don't go to work, so for most purposes, I have little if any reason to drive for days at a time. I walk all over the place around here. Honestly, if my cars didn't get dusty, I wouldn't even drive them for a week at a time. Mostly I drive them to the car wash.

Another huge benefit is the close proximity to food and spirits. Plus, although I'm a very moderate drinker, I'm a very lightweight, small guy, and I don't even have ONE DRINK and drive afterwards. In this area, I walk all over the place, so a couple of cocktails at happy hour, and I'm not risking anything. I just walk back to my house.

Nice area overall.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:55 PM

3 posts, read 19,642 times
Please feel free to contact my realtor, Louisa at [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']phoenixhomesaz@yahoo.com[/font]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']She is wonderful.[/font]

Old 10-15-2007, 01:14 AM

20 posts, read 54,891 times
Keep a very close eye on Phoenix Craig's List. You might get lucky and find someone who needs to sublet or go out of town for awhile. Depending on what your needs are, you might want to post on Craig's list what you are looking for and get lucky with somone who's willing to rent out a portion of their home for awhile. I did that when my house was being remodeled and was impressed with the replys. It sure bet staying in a motel.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:38 AM

3 posts, read 14,005 times
Check out GoRenter.com or SunbeltVacations.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: