Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 09:32 AM

4 posts, read 26,819 times

Advertisements

Thanks so much for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 10:56 PM

1,087 posts, read 3,517,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverofwisdom View Post
The other thing on Realtor.com we are mostly seeing Mobile Homes for sale from $100,000 on down. So far I have only found 4 homes and they are either very old 1940 or don't look very good
I'm trying to find something in Kingman too, and I'm running into the same problem. Almost everything in my price range is in the Golden Sage Ranch area of Golden Valley, all mobile homes. I live in a nice mobile home now, and I'm ok with mobile homes as long as it's not a junker. I went to Golden Valley a couple of years ago to look at homes there, and many of the mobile homes at that time were junky looking and had trashy yards, and the streets were mostly unpaved. I'm hoping the area has improved somewhat since then. I'm still hoping to find a nice affordable rental in Kingman though, instead of buying right away.

Someone posted about water being $125 a month for delivery. Wow! I had no idea it was that expensive. That may rule out Golden Valley for me, since most of what I saw was "haul water". No way I can go $125 a month for water, unless I find a really cheap house!

Blue579, What are PCs and DCs? I have allergies and I was hoping the Kingman area would be ok for my allergies. I did ok when I spent a few days there a couple of years ago, but it was winter.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:35 PM

2 posts, read 13,965 times
Walnut Creek Estates at the southern end of Golden Valley is pretty nice and has a good water system. However most of the roads are gravel

Old 10-26-2007, 11:44 PM

2 posts, read 13,965 times
Default Relocating to Golden Valley

Walnut Creek Estates at the southern end of Golden Valley is not so crouded and has a good water system. However the streets are mostly gravel.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:26 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz H View Post
Walnut Creek Estates at the southern end of Golden Valley is pretty nice and has a good water system. However most of the roads are gravel
I know of what you speak of there......off of Exit 44 from I 40 then down Rte 66 heading towards Oatman

Old 10-27-2007, 11:14 AM

1,087 posts, read 3,517,080 times
I haven't seen anything under $100,000 come up on realtor.com for Walnut Creek Estates. I'm starting to wonder if this move is even do-able for someone on a small disability income, with no husband or any other financial support. I'm getting a little discouraged at what I'm finding in my price range. I have found some rentals that fit in the budget but they are few, and most are in the southern part of the state. I absolutely do not want an apartment. I hated apartment living before I bought my house. I'd rather stay here than have to do that again. Plus I have a dog who needs at least a little room to run. He would not do well in an apartment.

I'm trying really hard to make this work, but all the decent neighborhoods seem to be so far out of reach.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:28 PM

74 posts, read 383,838 times
Default kINGMAN/GOLDEN VALLEY NEW FRONTIER

Quote:
Area: North Kingman, Subdivision: New Kgmn
or Central Kingman? Would this area also mayebe be water hauled?

The other thing on Realtor.com we are mostly seeing Mobile Homes for sale from $100,000 on down. So far I have only found 4 homes and they are either very old 1940 or don't look very good
No. These areas are in town. Water haul is out beyound them.

It appears that there are many manufactured homes. They seem to be a standard, nothing new.

I believe there is a lot of manufactured homes because there are no union's, carpenter's union, etc., in the area. Therefore there is no training, and cheap wages are paid to construction workers; which does not motivate people to get into construction.

Having said this, I would add that there are a lot more framed homes in the area than there was, and more being built.

As coming to the area and buying at this point in time, it may be a good thing. Prices have dropped off.

In time the prices will go back up I believe, after the hooverdambypass.com is finished, people will flood over the dam so to speak. I lived in Vegas 2 yrs. I became desprate to move out but there was no place to go in the area. I moved to Golden Valley, because I could. Many people will move just over the dam to White Hills at first then migrate all down hwy 93 to I-40.

Enjoy your new home, this whole area is the NEW FRONTIER.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:11 PM

9 posts, read 55,986 times
Kingman reminds me of the small towns I lived in the midwest. Though I've never spent a night there it appeared like the kind of town where they'd roll the sidewalk up at 6pm.

I am new to the forum. Moderator cut: Advertising

Last edited by sablebaby; 11-18-2007 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: No advertising of any kind is allowed on this forum

Old 11-22-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Kingman or Golden Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnp View Post
I'm trying to find something in Kingman too, and I'm running into the same problem. Almost everything in my price range is in the Golden Sage Ranch area of Golden Valley, all mobile homes. I live in a nice mobile home now, and I'm ok with mobile homes as long as it's not a junker. I went to Golden Valley a couple of years ago to look at homes there, and many of the mobile homes at that time were junky looking and had trashy yards, and the streets were mostly unpaved. I'm hoping the area has improved somewhat since then. I'm still hoping to find a nice affordable rental in Kingman though, instead of buying right away.

Someone posted about water being $125 a month for delivery. Wow! I had no idea it was that expensive. That may rule out Golden Valley for me, since most of what I saw was "haul water". No way I can go $125 a month for water, unless I find a really cheap house!

Blue579, What are PCs and DCs? I have allergies and I was hoping the Kingman area would be ok for my allergies. I did ok when I spent a few days there a couple of years ago, but it was winter.
What is your price range, how much can you like to put down and pay per month. Do you want to be in Kingman or Golden Valley. click on haymann and send me an email if you like, I'll give you info on water, etc.

$125 a month for water delivery? Where were they and how much did they have delivered, how many people in the family, pets landscape......?

Hoped this helped.

Last edited by haymann; 11-22-2007 at 11:25 AM..

Old 11-22-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
I have been doing a lot of searching for places to buy and have come across quite a few mobile homes in Golden Sage Ranch, golden valley I believe zip is 86413 is this area a nice area or bad? Is water hauled? Just seems like prices seem to be reasonable. What other areas of kingman are good? My understanding is to stay away from butler?
86413 is all of Golden Valley. Golden Valley is HIGH DESERT. It has nice areas and not so nice, more nice than not so nice. There is water via water companies and water haul. Lot sizes are min. 1 ac usually so if you like huge garages you have space.

Last edited by haymann; 11-22-2007 at 12:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona