U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 03-13-2009, 01:38 PM

2 posts, read 4,947 times
Default Los Lagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwallphx View Post
Los Lagos is on the Southern Tip of Bullhead City. It's fairly new and very nicely kept. There is a new Super-Walmart, Home Depot and several restaurants in the immediate area. There are 3 man-made lakes there with homes surrounding all 3 of them.

The only thing that puts-off many people is the overall reputation of Bullhead City. It has long been known as the "dump" that the lower-paid Laughlin workers live in. They have been trying real hard for the past few years to clean it up, but the downtown area is still infested with meth-heads and other miscellanous low-lifes.

There is enough business in the Los Lagos area that you should never have to go downtown. Except to get across the bridge into Laughlin.

Hope this helps.
I would like to respond to the above message. I have been a property owner in Los Lagos for 16 years. It is a beautiful community in Ft. Mohave, Arizona. We have golf courses on 3 sides of our community and we are within 15 minutes of the Colorade River and the gambling community. Our custom built homes built around the lakes. The houses are not "stacked" on top of each other. They are on nice size lots and because the main draw is the water, that is the focal point of our backyards. Several of the houses have pools so obviously there is plenty of room in the back. You don't walk out the door and fall in the water!

Our city is adjacent to Bullhead City. Years ago Bullhead City was a fishing town with not much more than a couple of fast food restaurants. It's claim to fame was that it was across the river from Laughlin. In the past 15 years there has been a tremendous change in the area. The Bullhead Parkway was put in and several developments were established.

One is called Laughlin Ranch which has some very large and expensive homes and a beautiful golf course. Retail has come into the city and we have a beautiful Target, Kohl's, Ross, Marshall's, Bed Bath and Beyond, Staples, Pet's Mart, Lowes, Sam's Club, Super Walmart, Home Depot, J.C. Penneys, Stage and other retail stores. More nice restaurants are beineg built all the time. Like in any other city we do have some "undesirables", but I doubt you can find anywhere nowadays where that is not the case. As neighborhoods become more upscale, the people moving in are more "desirable" Although Bullhead has been around since I was a child, it has really began to grow in the past five years. Every place has to start somewhere and this river community has just begun to come into its own.
In closing, if you want a cookie cutter house in an area that has been "arranged" for you, this is not the place to be. If you want to build your dream home, in a desirable neighborhood, with plenty to do to keep you active, Los Lagos might be your place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 03-13-2009, 01:46 PM

2 posts, read 4,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercedes2ajeep View Post
I currently live in Southern California and considering moving to Arizona. I found a lovely little "lakefront" community called Los Lagos. Has anyone heard of any problems related to the resort?
This response is because of the response you received from dwallphx.

I would like to respond to the above message. I have been a property owner in Los Lagos for 16 years. It is a beautiful community in Ft. Mohave, Arizona. We have golf courses on 3 sides of our community and we are within 15 minutes of the Colorade River and the gambling community. Our custom built homes built around the lakes. The houses are not "stacked" on top of each other. They are on nice size lots and because the main draw is the water, that is the focal point of our backyards. Several of the houses have pools so obviously there is plenty of room in the back. You don't walk out the door and fall in the water!

Our city is adjacent to Bullhead City. Years ago Bullhead City was a fishing town with not much more than a couple of fast food restaurants. It's claim to fame was that it was across the river from Laughlin. In the past 15 years there has been a tremendous change in the area. The Bullhead Parkway was put in and several developments were established.

One is called Laughlin Ranch which has some very large and expensive homes and a beautiful golf course. Retail has come into the city and we have a beautiful Target, Kohl's, Ross, Marshall's, Bed Bath and Beyond, Staples, Pet's Mart, Lowes, Sam's Club, Super Walmart, Home Depot, J.C. Penneys, Stage and other retail stores. More nice restaurants are beineg built all the time. Like in any other city we do have some "undesirables", but I doubt you can find anywhere nowadays where that is not the case. As neighborhoods become more upscale, the people moving in are more "desirable" Although Bullhead has been around since I was a child, it has really began to grow in the past five years. Every place has to start somewhere and this river community has just begun to come into its own.
In closing, if you want a cookie cutter house in an area that has been "arranged" for you, this is not the place to be. If you want to build your dream home, in a desirable neighborhood, with plenty to do to keep you active, Los Lagos might be your place.

Unread 03-31-2009, 11:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,420 times
We are retiring to Ft. Mohave from Calif. and we just bought a house/lot combo in a new housing development just above/behind Los Lagos called Sun Valley Estates. We love the looks of Los Lagos with the lakes surrounding the houses that we can see from Lipan St. but we don't want the HOA fees. This new housing dev't. has beautiful mountain views and the surrounding areas seem very nice and well kept up, so if you're interested in looking for a house/lot combo to be built you might want to check out Sun Valley Estates.

Last edited by brlr; 03-31-2009 at 11:35 AM..

Unread 04-24-2009, 06:29 PM

67 posts, read 140,376 times
Sun Valley Estates is a very popular subdivision. The lots are quarter acre (apx) to an acre plus and has custom estates, manufactured and tract style homes in a few different 'sub sub areas'--something for everybody.

For those who might be interested, recent minutes of a Los Lagos HOA Board Meeting

There are some changes going on (water procurement for the lakes is a big issue currently) there but Los Lagos is a gorgeous and exclusive lakefront community unlike any other in our area. I've written about it elsewhere on this site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona