Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:54 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,918,453 times

Advertisements

Perhaps you should be looking into Sedona. Flagstaff is quite cold. Take a look at the City-By-City post for details about Flagstaff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2007, 08:00 PM

4 posts, read 10,386 times
Hello my name is John I may have the house you are looking for, we are relocating to PA my house is in Prescott AZ older, partly remodled selling 30000 under appraisal.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:08 PM

53 posts, read 211,958 times
Default Relocation

All I can recommend is Prescott, Arizona or Williams, Arizona. These towns are big enough to have the schools you want and yet have rural land available.

Good luck

Old 12-19-2007, 09:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,971 times
New to Arizona coming from Austin, Texas To Prescott Vally Arizona to go to school at Yavapai Junior College trying to find a one bedroom Apartment on the ground floor. I have a spinal cord injury I need the use of Two Golden Retreivers that assist me with Mobilaty issues and Sizuer alert. and i am looking for a one bedroom apartment as close to flagstaff AZ

Old 12-19-2007, 10:05 PM

323 posts, read 993,114 times
Check out the Verde Valley. Nothing is moving and you may come across a deal. Camp Verde Schools are big on football and IMO the weather is great.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:34 AM

17 posts, read 57,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
I personally prefer southern arizona because you can get better deals on housing or land. I may have found an area that might appeal to you, I don't know if it will have all that things that you request, so you will have to do your homework. I went to Patagonia Lake once and really liked the whole area a lot. Check out MLS#: 20731480 on thepepper.com it's 110k but it's over 6 acres. There are many more listings there that are worth checking out. I found a really good deal on a property southwest of Tucson but this area would be too hot for you.

Hey guys (and gals) - what about Globe and the surrounding areas? And even the ever-sprawling apache junction? East into the mountains, but not really "tourist" country, so prices might be better?

Old 09-18-2013, 04:13 PM

21 posts, read 75,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansPerspective View Post
So, let me get this straight... you want to pay $20K-$75K for an acre of land 45 minutes from a town that has a decent school system and you want utilities available.

When I first read this, I thought you were nuts. However, it occurred to me that the White Horse/Henderson Ranch area in Dewey might be close to what you are after. You can buy 2 acres of land in rolling hills for $50K-$80K. Water and electric are available. The elevation is around 5,000 feet. The school system is Huboldt Unified School Disctrict. They have football. School buses run to this area. You are currently 45 minutes from Walmart and Lowes. The area is on the other side of a mountain ridge, so you do not see any civilization near by. The only drawback for you is that there are no trees. There are miles and miles of large shrubs (e.g., scrub oak and other chapparal species). Fishing is about 45-60 minutes away (at Willow Lake, Watsen Lake, or Goldwater Lake).

I would be happy to send you some property information if you like. Just call or email me.

I had to laugh when you said,I thought you were nuts" in your comment above. Prescott lots and land are horrendously spendy now. We bought a half acre in Prescott Heights back in '74 for only $5,000.00. Can you imagine what it would cost today? Older 2 bed. homes in downtown area were $10,000-25,000 depending on the neighborhood. People can get super cheap new or newer homes in Texas and some of the other "tornado alley" states for next to nothing, but tornados?? Yikes!

Old 09-20-2013, 12:33 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,224,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyscreek View Post
I had to laugh when you said,I thought you were nuts" in your comment above. Prescott lots and land are horrendously spendy now. We bought a half acre in Prescott Heights back in '74 for only $5,000.00. Can you imagine what it would cost today? Older 2 bed. homes in downtown area were $10,000-25,000 depending on the neighborhood. People can get super cheap new or newer homes in Texas and some of the other "tornado alley" states for next to nothing, but tornados?? Yikes!
Do you realize the post you're responding to is almost 6 years old?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona