Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2006, 04:35 PM

5 posts, read 30,293 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to move to Arizona from Pennsylvania. We are looking for a really good school district. Our children are 3rd and 8th grade. I've done some research on the computer and Litchfield Park seems this might be what we're looking for. What could you tell me about Litchfield Park, Chandler, or Queen Creek? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2006, 05:35 PM

38,945 posts, read 50,850,868 times
Of those three, I would think Litchfield Park would have the best schools going away. LP schools always get the top marks in the state testing. LP is an expensive area on the west side. You will find good schools in most of Chandler - but some areas are lousy. Queen Creek is not somewhere you would want to be just yet - it's a terrible commute. Although it is developing quickly it is not one of the premier communities yet.

There is an old LP with big yards and green lawns and lush vegetation. And a newer LP that looks like pretty much everything else in PHX. Old LP is very pricey, new LP is at the higher end but more affordable. LP borders Goodyear/Avondale area which is booming and then some. It's near Luke AFB and there is jet noise during the day mostly. It's a couple miles from the I-10 freeway which is pretty much a slow-moving parking lot during rush hours. In general, very nice place and nice areas surrounding it. I'll leave it to someone from SE side to fill you in on Chandler and Queen Creek. You didn't mention Gilbert, but Gilbert is maybe a better choice than Chandler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona