Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 09:08 PM

229 posts, read 232,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
R cowgirl,
I don't take offense to your opinion or views, you are entitled to them, just as we all are. But, being a liberal and Democrat, living in the most Republican areas in the whole United States, (Prescott and area) I beg to differ that we are the ones that bring up race. I can't tell you how many times I have heard from the right referring to Obama as the "N" word. But, things might be different for you living in the Valley, might be many Liberals and Democrats to refer to, but where I live you have to go searching for someone with same political views.
We already know your a liberal,you mention it in almost all your post ...If you are uncomfortable where you live,just move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 08:01 PM

17 posts, read 36,919 times
There is prejudice wherever you go. Arizona is mixed with all kinds of people & I believe most will get a long with you: though I really do not know you. If you truly like American people, they will like you back. We lived in Vermont, & I told my husband that he'd for sure get a hand shake when we move here & sure enough he did, by our new neighbors.

Now while there are wonderful neighbors, there are also the kind that will hurt you, by hurting your family members. No matter where you go in Arizona, you are going to find those who greet you with kindness, as well as those who reveal their hate through their unkind actions.

There is different kinds of hate: the kind where the media causes racial issues with the people, breaking their bond with one-another & causing a breakdown of society: causing a weak link between them. Everyone has a right & a choice to believe the way they want, however the news media corrupts the peoples views there too.

I think you must take everything with a grain of salt, until you know the truth of the matter on every subject & search it out for yourself.

It is hearsay only, for I do not know it for a fact, however I did hear that Douglas is the worst place for a white person to live via Arizona.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:27 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,695,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
Yes, the media here does not support John McCain. And they make their opinions well know here. In fact they bully you and FORCE it down your throat.
You do live in the United States right? That is every single citizen of this country. Welcome to the United States, not Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
MY POINT:

I want to leave this CULTURE of segragation that we have here in the EAST COAST. Because it's a lie. It's liberal in politics but it's a lie. The East Coast is segregated as anything, and "I'm out!"
Don't want to have kids here.

Are there anymore Americans that will welcome someone that is American, just that he/she is not of the same race? I choose Arizona because even though the media here in New Jersey hates on Arizona, I have heard that "my own People" that have moved down there Like it there. Though transportation is another issue.

I want to live next to smart, loving, kind, Americans. I don't give a rat's ass if I ever live next to people that are my "own people" or next to people that "look like me." And I don't give a rat's ass if I ever go to a restaurant that serves "my peoples food."

Are there places in Arizona where they think progressively and welcome American's that may not be their stereotypical definition of what an American should look like???

Thank you for reading, and if you do, thanks for answering.
A lot of people I talk to refer to NJ as the garbage can of the United States. You guys started that dumb ass "knock out" game. If anyone tried that here, better hope the guy or gal does get knocked out or he'll shoot your ass.

On a serious note. It's up to you if you want to segregate yourself when you move to Arizona. None of my family segregated themselves because they're Hispanic, but I know other Hispanics that did. Let me tell you this. My grandparents, a mixed couple, came here in the 70s. My other grandparents were divorced and my grandmother became a mixed couple. They never complained of people harassing them at their door because they were a mixed couple. My grandfather never had his job threatened because he was married to someone that wasn't "of his people."

If my son fell in love with a,b,c color, I wouldn't care. If my daughter fell in love with a,b,c color. I wouldn't care. My family is mixed and we don't care about that kind of thing. Never had a problem with that kind of thing. But there is a limit. I think this way, some others think this way, but not everybody thinks this way. You'll never have problems in restaurants, stores, or any place that wants to make money. You'll have problems on an individual basis.

Onto the food comment. We have lots of food here. Mexican, Chinese. Mexi-ese? Cuban, Jamaican, "soul" food, NY pizza, shytown pizza, california pizza kitchen, sushi bars, bars, blah blah blah.

Last edited by shiphead; 11-23-2013 at 06:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona