U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-07-2013, 09:26 PM
 
229 posts, read 190,944 times
Reputation: 165

Advertisements

After living in N.Y.C. my entire life...I decided to buy a home in AZ a couple of years ago as my second home... Why? because it still reminds me of the America I once knew as a child,its not loaded with a bunch of liberal anti American clueless people,3rd world foreigners,clean highways, they don't kill you with high property taxes like the northeast and most of all I feel comfortable there.

I know some people that were born and raised in AZ are going to say that AZ has its problems as well.but compared to NY****ty AZ is paradise...I can say that because I experienced both worlds.

I believe that you move to a different part of the country because you like the way that State is organized and feel that you'll adopt or believe in their laws and beliefs "It should not be the other way around"

Does anyone else feel the same way?

 
Old 11-07-2013, 09:31 PM
 
347 posts, read 399,180 times
Reputation: 129
My understanding is that AZ does have "3rd World Foreigners"...as you put it.
I guess you live in a place where you don't have "them" as neighbors in AZ.

But don't know if you are really a hater, I understand your entirely.
[mod cut-- off topic]

Last edited by observer53; 11-08-2013 at 04:45 AM..
 
Old 11-07-2013, 09:42 PM
 
229 posts, read 190,944 times
Reputation: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post
My understanding is that AZ does have "3rd World Foreigners"...as you put it.
I guess you live in a place where you don't have "them" as neighbors in AZ.

But don't know if you are really a hater, I understand your entirely.

[mod cut-- off topic]
I'm not a hater, I just don't agree with the direction that this country is going. yes! living in over crowded cities where most people think that the streets are their garbage receptacles,kind of gets on your nerves after so many years. well thats why I will make AZ my permanent home soon.

Last edited by observer53; 11-08-2013 at 04:46 AM..
 
Old 11-07-2013, 09:56 PM
 
229 posts, read 190,944 times
Reputation: 165
If this country ever decides to split, I'm going with the red side...lol.
 
Old 11-07-2013, 09:59 PM
 
1,586 posts, read 1,407,241 times
Reputation: 2331
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11222blue View Post
After living in N.Y.C. my entire life...I decided to buy a home in AZ a couple of years ago as my second home... Why? because it still reminds me of the America I once knew as a child,its not loaded with a bunch of liberal anti American clueless people,3rd world foreigners,clean highways, they don't kill you with high property taxes like the northeast and most of all I feel comfortable there.

I know some people that were born and raised in AZ are going to say that AZ has its problems as well.but compared to NY****ty AZ is paradise...I can say that because I experienced both worlds.

I believe that you move to a different part of the country because you like the way that State is organized and feel that you'll adopt or believe in their laws and beliefs "It should not be the other way around"

Does anyone else feel the same way?
When were you born, 1750? When my parents, who are around 60, were growing up in New York City, it was loaded with "third-world foreigners" -- in fact, their own parents were immigrants from countries that are now considered respectable but were thought of as major-league holes at the time. It was also full of "liberal anti American clueless people." My immigrant great grandmother was a union organizer. Her daughter, my only American-born grandparent, who would be 94 if she were still alive today -- the sweet lady who took me to the duck pond as a toddler and always had Klondike bars ready in the freezer -- once attended a Communist Party meeting.

Archie Bunker, a fictional character, was complaining about the same things 40 years ago.
 
Old 11-07-2013, 10:19 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
671 posts, read 776,881 times
Reputation: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11222blue View Post
After living in N.Y.C. my entire life...I decided to buy a home in AZ a couple of years ago as my second home... Why? because it still reminds me of the America I once knew as a child,its not loaded with a bunch of liberal anti American clueless people,3rd world foreigners,clean highways, they don't kill you with high property taxes like the northeast and most of all I feel comfortable there.

I know some people that were born and raised in AZ are going to say that AZ has its problems as well.but compared to NY****ty AZ is paradise...I can say that because I experienced both worlds.

I believe that you move to a different part of the country because you like the way that State is organized and feel that you'll adopt or believe in their laws and beliefs "It should not be the other way around"

Does anyone else feel the same way?
I lived in Arizona for 10 years and watched Phoenix change drastically. Unless you move to a small town in Arizona you might be disappointed in 5-10 years as Arizona is gradually changing to a blue state. Mississippi or Alabama (where conservatives ideology is firmly rooted in the culture) would have been better choices as even Georgia and Texas are becoming more liberal. Flagstaff is the most liberal but Tucson and Phoenix aren't far behind.
 
Old 11-07-2013, 10:20 PM
 
5,265 posts, read 14,562,066 times
Reputation: 4225
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11222blue View Post
I don't understand your point. has this country not changed for the worst in the last 10 years? I understand most of our ancestors came from somewhere...my family came from Europe to NYC in 1984. these people brought ingenuity to this country...not s--t on it. Are you telling me your a commie?
If you're 50 years old and your family came to this country in 1984; that would mean you were 21 when you got here. Are you sure that "your people" brought ingenuity to this country? I suspect you're a little full of it.
 
Old 11-07-2013, 10:24 PM
 
17,542 posts, read 34,598,973 times
Reputation: 9985
I'm not sure what discussion the OP meant to start, but most of the posts have not been about AZ at all. Keep this thread about AZ, please.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
 
Old 11-07-2013, 10:29 PM
 
229 posts, read 190,944 times
Reputation: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaraz View Post
I lived in Arizona for 10 years and watched Phoenix change drastically. Unless you move to a small town in Arizona you might be disappointed in 5-10 years as Arizona is gradually changing to a blue state. Mississippi or Alabama (where conservatives ideology is firmly rooted in the culture) would have been better choices as even Georgia and Texas are becoming more liberal. Flagstaff is the most liberal but Tucson and Phoenix aren't far behind.
I agree with you. even New Mexico has gone blue...but I did do my research and bought a home in a small town by the Superstition Mountains.
 
Old 11-07-2013, 10:34 PM
 
229 posts, read 190,944 times
Reputation: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_sayin' View Post
If you're 50 years old and your family came to this country in 1984; that would mean you were 21 when you got here. Are you sure that "your people" brought ingenuity to this country? I suspect you're a little full of it.
My Great Grand parents came to this country in 1894, my mistake! did you ever not make a mistake? oh! i'm sorry your one of those perfect people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top