Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 03:22 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,328,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
It's not just Asians that support Huy Fong, I'm a white guy that loves the stuff along with most of my friends.

I have the giant economy size bottle on the shelf right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 12:08 PM

24,448 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
I have the giant economy size bottle on the shelf right now.
Ya, those big bottles last longer than many marriages.

Old 12-30-2013, 03:48 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,328,019 times
In my case you could be right.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:56 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times
The Sriracha debate is growing again in Irwindale, CA. They have been declared a "nuisance" despite the majority of complaints coming from only a few homes. Contact your local elected officials. California is anti-business. Let's bring Sriracha to Arizona. They currently employ 200 people in the CA facility. That could be 200 jobs for one Arizona community.

California city declares Sriracha maker a nuisance

Old 04-11-2014, 10:18 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
The Sriracha debate is growing again in Irwindale, CA. They have been declared a "nuisance" despite the majority of complaints coming from only a few homes. Contact your local elected officials. California is anti-business. Let's bring Sriracha to Arizona. They currently employ 200 people in the CA facility. That could be 200 jobs for one Arizona community.

California city declares Sriracha maker a nuisance
So you'd be OK relocating the plant next to your home?

Old 04-11-2014, 04:25 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times
I live in downtown Phoenix. They could not build or operate near my home. There's surely places in Phoenix and Arizona where they could operate. I am also skeptical as to how much of a nuisance Huy Fong is. According to reports I have read, nearly all of the complaints come from the same two or three families.

Old 04-11-2014, 07:18 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I live in downtown Phoenix. They could not build or operate near my home. There's surely places in Phoenix and Arizona where they could operate. I am also skeptical as to how much of a nuisance Huy Fong is. According to reports I have read, nearly all of the complaints come from the same two or three families.
Nice dodge. No, I don't think you'd want to live next door to a factory that produced noxious fumes that burned your eyes. The company is aware of the problem and is working with the AQMD to work out the details of its filtering system. How that makes "California anti-business", is beyond me. Come back to me when you've had dealings with the AZDEQ (which is hardly a picnic), and then we'll talk.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:47 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,695,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
So you'd be OK relocating the plant next to your home?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Nice dodge. No, I don't think you'd want to live next door to a factory that produced noxious fumes that burned your eyes. The company is aware of the problem and is working with the AQMD to work out the details of its filtering system. How that makes "California anti-business", is beyond me. Come back to me when you've had dealings with the AZDEQ (which is hardly a picnic), and then we'll talk.
No, but why would one build a random industrial plant near someone's house unless they wanted to live in that area... South Phoenix, south of the I-17 where something like this belongs. Anyone drive in that area at night? Smells like fresh burned solder. This would be by the MCSO office. Not going to add anything to that. Or they could build where the oil and stripper facility is off of the I-10. Seems ironic, but not at the same time.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:19 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,473,136 times
I would see no problem putting it in Goodyear next to the Specialty Food Products Ass kicking hot sauce plant. That one has survived there since late 80's

Plenty of distance from Kingman

Old 05-30-2014, 11:40 AM

24,448 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Looks like they are staying in CA.

Sriracha Sauce & Huy Fong: California City Drops Lawsuit Against Hot Sauce Company; Factory to Stay Open : Business : Latin Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona