Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 06:44 PM

84 posts, read 152,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish2026 View Post
The studies on illegal immigration are mixed. Although most sources say the 2nd generation of immigrants ( of any sort) are especially successful the current group may, according to one study, cost us $120 million per year! Wow thats almost as much as we waste in Iraq in one day!

If you examine the issue closely you'll find many of those most against immigration have difficulty writing a decent sentence. These people, who never bothered to get a free American education, are now threatened by people who will work harder and accept less money. They need someone to pick on instead of blaming themselves.

Smoking and obesity cost the US and our taxpayers many times what immigrants do and if you think immigrants fill our hospitals take a look at all the fat people and smokers in there. In addition crime data shows immigrants -especially mexican immigrants- cause no more crime than other groups. Someone will say " i know a mexican who killed someone in a fight'' but forget that most serial killers are white americans. Once again obesity and smoking kill 300,000 and 400,000 Americans each year ( source CDC- Atlanta) but no one wants to talk about that because we might have to look down on ourselves instead of blaming foreigners.

That is an absoluute crock! I can't believe the insane drivel that is in that writing. That is so preposterous it is outrageous beyond belief. Here we are with another "compassionate" person totally disregarding the most basic, most fundamental aspect of the whole subject and that is the illegal part of it.

It has "nothing" to do with whether or not they will work for less or work harder! NOTHING!!! It has everything to do with the fact we have laws, they are being exploited by employers at a disadvantage to competing businesses and here you go spouting the statistics of other subjects that have nothing to do with illegal immigration. We are not talking about White serial killers or smokers. Not even in the same category. There is plenty of evidence that where there are illegals there is increased crime. There is plenty of evidence that they use our hospitals and services on a rampant basis and many cities are suffering from that. You want to justify this lawbreaking as an economic issue or compare it to smoking? You are nuts!

No one here as yet has gotten belligerent like you have by saying such things as people who are against illegal immigration can't write a complete sentence. How loony can you be? There is also evidence they send plenty of money back to Mexico that bypasses our tax system. I have often wondered what else people justify for one reason or another. What else do you think is worthwhile to defy our laws for? Great message to give your kids that "it's the economy stupid" and "when you grow up Son just hire the cheapest labor you can find--especially illegals". Exploit them. It's the American way.

I have never heard so much nonsense in one post in my life. Next thing you know we'll be hearing that because we are against illegals we must be racist. Forget the laws. Gotta be racism. This doesn't get much more sickening than this. Forget about Iraq man. You can't compare spending money in Iraq to illegal immigration. I know it's a waste. The sooner you people stop talking "What about this" and "What about that" we will maybe get somewhere. Just like Republicans. When they get caught doing something against the law, instead of saying "I will straighten this up" they start going "What about Senator so and so" or "What about the Democrats". We are talking about illegal immigration. Not smoking or White serial killers.

Remember also that there is nothing wrong with people not wanting illegals to be here without going through the proper channels, there is nothing wrong with wanting employers fined for being dishonest and hiring them, and there is nothing extreme about wanting our Country's laws and soveriegnty protected against intruders, invaders, or illegals.

Another thing. You may disagree but I can write a complete sentence. It's hard to believe what some people say. It really is.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:23 PM

34 posts, read 40,682 times
fish2026 wrote:

"Finally the hospital bills. Smoking and obesity cost thousands of times what illegals do. You don't like studies because you've obviously never studied anything in your life. "
AND ALL THOSE THINGS ARE BEING PAID FOR WITH THE TAXES THESE ILLEGALS ARE NOT PAYING!

I know I pay a hefty tax on my cigarettes! Although I only weigh 198 @ 6'4"
I'm betting that a whole lot of my nasty little smoking habit taxes go to pay for those POS's to crank out kids here! I understand them trying to have a better life. Maybe they should try what we did and fight for it! Start at home(Mexico, Cuba, Honduras, etc.) , If that doesn't work I welcome them to come on over and try it here! Before any comments come of that, I say it as an active duty American Soldier with two combat tours!

Illegal is right! Let's just leave it at that and skip the bleeding hearts and politics!

Old 11-04-2006, 10:00 AM

84 posts, read 152,352 times
Default That was a good analogy

Thank you for your service RBH and all Veterans. Good point about the taxes paid.

Old 11-04-2006, 11:05 AM

34 posts, read 40,682 times
lol, I still find it funny that people thank us for our service. I appreciate being appreciated, but hey we get paid! Just another job, cops risk their lifes on the street everyday, and they get a pretty bad rap........

Your very welcome! If I could I would do it for another 10 yrs. Absolutely the best job in the world. Where else do you get camping trips paid for that you get to spend you days and nights blowing stuff up???

Old 11-05-2006, 03:15 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Default Movin'on needs proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Well, I am one of these analytical types that wants to see the data. I know you can't link here, but can excerpt to back up your statements and point me in the right direction, as I've done for you.
Movin'on need proof? Just read the names in the Birth Announcents section of your local news paper. I can tell by just reading the last names, the whites are not reproducing anywhere near the rate of the hispanic population in this part of the state. I don't live in a big city. I'm just south of Sedona.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:17 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,589 times
I live in Minnesota and we have seen signs in Texas saying to go to Minnesota, they have a great welfare system up there. I guess they found the state of Minnesota because they are every where.
Just heard they were sending 75 Mexicans back over the border for rapes,assults and numerous other reasons. They should ship them all back, heck they have 5 to 6 families living under one roof, in a tiny place I might add. Then they send money back to Mexico to support the families back home.
In a town not far from us they had around 200 they sent back because of problems with going after young children for sex. It is pretty sad when they can't at least speak our english and act like a normal citizen should.
I get tired of going to the store and you hear them talking and you can't understand a word that they are saying. I say speak english or get the hell out of here and go back to Mexico. Just my opinion. One more thing, They can clean up the messy neighborhoods before they go.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:02 PM

923 posts, read 3,513,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
I live in Minnesota and we have seen signs in Texas saying to go to Minnesota, they have a great welfare system up there. I guess they found the state of Minnesota because they are every where.
Just heard they were sending 75 Mexicans back over the border for rapes,assults and numerous other reasons. They should ship them all back, heck they have 5 to 6 families living under one roof, in a tiny place I might add. Then they send money back to Mexico to support the families back home.
In a town not far from us they had around 200 they sent back because of problems with going after young children for sex. It is pretty sad when they can't at least speak our english and act like a normal citizen should.
I get tired of going to the store and you hear them talking and you can't understand a word that they are saying. I say speak english or get the hell out of here and go back to Mexico. Just my opinion. One more thing, They can clean up the messy neighborhoods before they go.
+1 Mom!
BTW-our Yorkie was named Ki Ki and he used to smile all the time...

Old 11-07-2006, 12:17 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
2 Yorkies here, Niles and Daphne!

Old 11-07-2006, 12:35 AM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,589 times
Maybe we should start up a Yorkie sight, Angel and Tinker Bell are up here in Minnesota, they tell me it is to cold here. LOL. Our babies smile all the time to.
They are just like a spoiled child. They make our day and keep us entertained. Don't know what we would do with out them. Here's to all the Yorkie lovers in the world!!!!!! Nice chatting with you. You meet a lot of nice people on this sight. I glad I ran across it by mistake, take care everyone.
Hope to be moving west next summer.

Old 11-07-2006, 06:12 PM

226 posts, read 999,639 times
All I have to say is: Did you forget that they are her ILLEGALLY.... They broke the law the minute they stepped foot in the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona