Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 04:46 AM

28 posts, read 301,898 times

Advertisements

Can someone please tell me the name of the new/newer grade school in the Tartesso community?

And, does school really start there for children next Aug. 2nd...I saw that on another school's web site.

Trying to co-ordinate our move to Arizona, and it kind of freaked me out when I saw that schools start that early in the Summer. Here in the MidWest, we don't start until after Labor Day, in September...I know AZ is NOT the MidWest, so please don't bash me hear. Just not sure I can get our house sold and the entire family packed up by then...kids/wife may have to come a bit later. I wonder how schools are out West with the idea of kids coming in a month late or so..."yikes."

Anyone have kids that go to Tartesso's grade school? My kids are 9 and 6.

Thanks much...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 07:58 AM
ejk

126 posts, read 594,449 times
I don't have info on Tartesso's school but the schools out here do start much earlier than in the midwest. They get out in May instead of June.

A lot of them (maybe all of them?) also get a fall break.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:21 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Aug 2 is when our school starts back. They get 1 week off in Oct., 2 for Christmas period, and 2 for spring break. I like that. The weather is much nicer in Oct, Dec, and March than August.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Wow....schools out for Summer already

Looks like we might have to put a "Rush" on our move to AZ....

If kids need to be in school by Aug 2nd.....Hopefully my company will buy my current house from me so that I can get down there quicker, with the family instead of leaving them behind to sell the place.

Anyone know the actual name of the school/s my kids would go to if I live in Tartesso???

Old 06-06-2007, 01:09 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Drumroll please..............

Tartesso Elementary School.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Ponderosa

That's fantastic.....is it really called Tartesso Elementary?

Still funny comment on your part.....

okay, I found it on the web...site is still under construction...

Old 06-06-2007, 01:31 PM

Default I am Smart

Hey,

I also found the Saddle Mountain Unified School District Web site...

Ruth Fisher Elementary
Tonopah Valley High
Winter's Wells Elementary
Tartesso Elementary
Trillium Elementary

Old 06-06-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Link to Saddle Mountain School District

SMUSD WELCOME PAGE

see, my I.T. background is paying off after all...

Old 07-02-2007, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 4,084 times
Default About the school>

We are moving to Tartesso, also I am homeschooling next year with Arizona Virtual (AZVA), because the school is up in the air. Here in maricopa most school will start Aug 13. I was told by the saleman that the school is delay right now about 2 weeks. Here is the web site to the school SMUSD WELCOME PAGE. Hope this helps.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,072 times
Default Tartesso School at this time is NOT opening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviasDad View Post
Can someone please tell me the name of the new/newer grade school in the Tartesso community?

And, does school really start there for children next Aug. 2nd...I saw that on another school's web site.

Trying to co-ordinate our move to Arizona, and it kind of freaked me out when I saw that schools start that early in the Summer. Here in the MidWest, we don't start until after Labor Day, in September...I know AZ is NOT the MidWest, so please don't bash me hear. Just not sure I can get our house sold and the entire family packed up by then...kids/wife may have to come a bit later. I wonder how schools are out West with the idea of kids coming in a month late or so..."yikes."

Anyone have kids that go to Tartesso's grade school? My kids are 9 and 6.

Thanks much...
The schools do start in August here, but as of right now tartesso is not planning to open for the this coming school season. I live in tartesso and I'm actually going to a School Board Metting tonite about Tartesso. I can tell you as of know the school District which is Saddle Mtn owes alot of money along with other issues. The district was recently taken over by the state and a reciver was apointed last monday. I will know more after the meeting tonite. Will keep you informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: