Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 04:18 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times

Advertisements

I don't see how she can sign it now. Looks like we just avoided that bus crash. So glad, because I really like my home, and the state of Arizona. Signing this bill would have sent me packing. And those of you who know me, know how much I love my sunshine state and how much I have vested here. But, at some point enough is enough.

Last edited by observer53; 02-24-2014 at 08:31 PM..

Old 02-24-2014, 06:04 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,502,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Poor guys... they were "rushed" (what was the hurry?) They didn't want to "fracture the Republican caucus" (yes, let's be sure they vote in lockstep, no matter the consequences. ) I expect my legislators to understand what they are voting for, and its potential consequences, beforehand. None of these three are my senator, I have no idea what he's thinking now.
I don't buy the pleas from this senator about not knowing what he was voting for and he screwed up.

No, not acceptable at all.

It's all the more evidence that these clowns are not there to represent the majority of the public, they are in office to get a paycheck and cowtow to their party platform.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:11 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,502,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I don't see how she can sign it now. Looks like we just avoided that bus crash. So glad, because I really like my home, and the state of Arizona. Signing this bill would have sent me packing. And those of you who know me, know how much I love my sunshine state and how much I have vested here. But, at some point enough is enough.
I have very little respect for Jan Brewer as is but if she somehow lets this bill pass, I will consider her lower than even the most sleazy politician could possibly sink.

I know how you feel, I love Arizona for the most part, but if there is one thing that really irritates me about this state it's the ultraconservative knuckleheads at the capitol who do not represent the viewpoints or priorities of the citizens of this state.

Hopefully this should be a wake-up call to the voters to elect more sensible legislators but somehow I doubt it.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:41 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,699,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
I know how you feel, I love Arizona for the most part, but if there is one thing that really irritates me about this state it's the ultraconservative knuckleheads at the capitol who do not represent the viewpoints or priorities of the citizens of this state.
You sure about that? I've met a lot of knuckleheads in this state. They love joe, jan, and the gang. I am going to be honest, I don't care. It's the same crap, different state. No one does anything, people continue to let this bs happen all the time.

There will never be another Carl Hayden or Barry Goldwater in Arizona ever again. See governor mecham as an example of the direction Arizona has been going.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:58 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
I have very little respect for Jan Brewer as is but if she somehow lets this bill pass, I will consider her lower than even the most sleazy politician could possibly sink.

Hopefully this should be a wake-up call to the voters to elect more sensible legislators but somehow I doubt it.
Oh, so true.

Unfortunately, voters have very short memories, usually. Time will tell, but I suspect most of the folks who voted for it, unless they are termed out, will be back.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:10 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,631,430 times
There has to be a decent size population of people in Arizona with the same views because they keep getting voted in. I don't live in Arizona but I have friends that do. Most of their neighbors have tea party flags, anti-Obama bumper stickers, and praise Sarah Palin. Trust me there are many of these types in Arizona.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:14 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Many Republicans run unopposed, and are elected in the primary. People who would be good legislators don't want to put up with the antics down there, and have better things to do with their time.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:15 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,224,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
There has to be a decent size population of people in Arizona with the same views because they keep getting voted in. I don't live in Arizona but I have friends that do. Most of their neighbors have tea party flags, anti-Obama bumper stickers, and praise Sarah Palin. Trust me there are many of these types in Arizona.
Hmmm...I live here and don't see any tea party flags or anti-obama bumper stickers. Wonder how I'm missing them all.

Do others that live here see this?

Old 02-24-2014, 07:24 PM

13,741 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
You would actually pack up and leave a place you really enjoy because of a law which would likely have little affect on you gay or straight?

How often do you think someone gay would actually run across a shop owner who refuses business with them should this law pass?

Hell, someone living in the ultra gay-friendly San Francisco is more likely to get hassled walking hand in hand with their gay lover in the Mission district than anyone actually being refused service because of religious ideology in AZ.

Old 02-24-2014, 07:39 PM

13,741 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Hmmm...I live here and don't see any tea party flags or anti-obama bumper stickers. Wonder how I'm missing them all.

Do others that live here see this?

No, but if they are here in full force I'll take such voters over the political slant I find in California.

Last edited by john3232; 02-24-2014 at 08:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona