Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2014, 05:20 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,535,684 times

Advertisements

Freedom to choose

why should my right end with queers?

My kids might be confused or fearful of gay because I didn't take 30 seconds to explain same sex relationships.

Why should that be my responsibility?

Praise gawd

Old 02-25-2014, 05:40 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,068,788 times
Listen, I get it. Someone who thinks homosexuality is a sin and doesn't want to associate themselves in a business setting with gays. I think that is ok........

Then I tell this same person that I don't want to do business with them due to their bigotry. I am not gay, but as a responsible citizen of a progressive country I don't want to be associated with their ilk. The thing is-they would complain how they were discriminated because of their religious beliefs based on Arizona State Bill 1062. Funny how it comes full circle....

If I were an Attorney I would seriously consider opening up a shop in Arizona.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:53 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,819,647 times
How Arizona Looks to the Rest of the Nation, Thanks to SB 1062. Damage is done......

How Arizona Looks to the Rest of the Nation, Thanks to SB 1062

Old 02-25-2014, 07:29 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,906,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
How Arizona Looks to the Rest of the Nation, Thanks to SB 1062. Damage is done......
Watching the news this morning I saw Sen. Pierce talking about why he asked Jan Brewer to veto the bill. I almost choked on my coffee when he said that they didn't see ANY discrimination in the bill and therefore voted for it. Well, that just proves to me that our legislators can't read and what they DO read they don't comprehend. Why do we have people like that running our state???? Personally, I think the only reason they are asking this is because they are being told that the economic impact on our state doesn't look good but they HAD to know that going in.

I suggest that ALL eligible voters get off their apathetic butts and VOTE! Get these idiots OUT of office.

Last edited by observer53; 02-25-2014 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: fixed broken quote tag

Old 02-25-2014, 07:34 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,819,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Watching the news this morning I saw Sen. Pierce talking about why he asked Jan Brewer to veto the bill. I almost choked on my coffee when he said that they didn't see ANY discrimination in the bill and therefore voted for it. Well, that just proves to me that our legislators can't read and what they DO read they don't comprehend. Why do we have people like that running our state???? Personally, I think the only reason they are asking this is because they are being told that the economic impact on our state doesn't look good but they HAD to know that going in.

I suggest that ALL eligible voters get off their apathetic butts and VOTE! Get these idiots OUT of office.
This one is even worse (state senator Al Melvin), can't give any straight answer. He can't even deliver a clever run around statement. Totally pathetic as he can't articulate any iota of conviction regarding the bill he supports. Oh! and.....he's running for governor! How bout them apples?

WATCH: Anderson Cooper OPEN FIRE AZ Sen Al Melvin Over 'Anti Gay' Law [EXTENDED DEBATE FIGHT] - YouTube

Old 02-25-2014, 07:50 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,906,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
This one is even worse (state senator Al Melvin), can't give any straight answer. He can't even deliver a clever run around statement. Totally pathetic as he can't articulate any iota of conviction regarding the bill he supports. Oh! and.....he's running for governor! How bout them apples?

WATCH: Anderson Cooper OPEN FIRE AZ Sen Al Melvin Over 'Anti Gay' Law [EXTENDED DEBATE FIGHT] - YouTube
Just what we need. Another governor who can't do anything but stumble through an interview. They can't come up with a GOOD reason to pass this bill. Religious freedom is a good thing but NOT when it comes at the expense of good people who live here who aren't "religious". I am Christian, and not ashamed or embarrassed to admit it, but I like to think I have a LOT more tolerance for things that they berate and put down. I believe in fairness and equality. Most of the people I know and associate with are the same.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:55 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,546,038 times
I've yet to set foot in Arizona and I'd love to see the Grand Canyon, but if this bill is signed I will not set foot in this hateful state.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:56 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
I've yet to set foot in Arizona and I'd love to see the Grand Canyon, but if this bill is signed I will not set foot in this hateful state.
No worries, I'll go twice to make up for it. You won't be missed.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:57 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,546,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
No worries, I'll go twice to make up for it. You won't be missed.
I'm sure I won't, but all the $$$ that will no longer be spent in the state when tourists boycott it will very much be missed.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:01 AM

30,366 posts, read 19,156,062 times
If I'm a Christian, without this law, I could force a Muslim bakery to make me a pork dish against their will. I just don't see why I would want to reward someone with my business when they have the crazy belief that pork is bad and how could I trust what they baked if it violates their religious beliefs. We are becoming a nation where the non-religious have a right to force the religious to routinely do things that violates their own religious beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona