Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 08:50 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times

Advertisements

There are a lot that almost fit your bill, enough at least to take a look around. CG is one, Maricopa City, San Tan, Queen Creek, Coolidge. All have more or less of what you want. Close to Tucson, San Diego and cheaper new housing with yards and golf, mountain views. Most importantly they all have plenty of sunshine, nice people and no ice or snow. Make sure you get a pool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 05:41 PM

439 posts, read 959,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
My back yard is full of birds singing, greenery and dogs. It's in the North Phoenix area where older houses (therefore bigger yards and established trees) run in the $170-$200K range. The neighborhoods are established and ours is way cool. We just had a huge block party and families came from all over our subdivision. Great vibe, friendly people, close to shopping, great schools. I can sit in my back yard in the evening and it's really quiet and I can see the stars. Hard to believe I'm inside city limits. So, no, you don't have to live in CG to have all that.

We are one hour forty minutes to Tucson. 22 minutes to the airport. 20 minutes to Tempe. 20 Minutes to Cave Creek. So it's not bad to get where you want to go in North Phoenix. I don't put a lot of miles on my car. Once you get here you find your favorite spots and you figure out the rhythm so you don't get in too many traffic jams.

SH9730 is right, though. CG IS closer to Tucson. Anthem is a bit far. You don't really have to go that far to find good prices on homes. Happy Valley has some nice areas as does Carefree Highway. There are people in AZ who swear by Glendale. That has a very small town feel. Problem is, posting on here you'll find many of us have found our little piece of heaven and we'll try and convince you ours is right for you.

Granted, this is a HUGE valley. A lot of people don't realize it's 585 square miles.

So why CG and not Tucson?

Hi...good info thank you. Tucson's home prices are going up and the property taxes with them. We used to live in the northwest area up by Catalina. I have been advised to check our Marana however when I lived there before...was not impressed. Seemed to be very windy, dusty and flat.

So I figured since my brother-in-law lived in CG my husband would have a built in social life, he has not been involved here after 6 years and I feel bad for him, doesn't even play golf anymore. We originally came from San Diego and he has friends there...again CG would put him very close to pop over for a few days.

Bottom line is we need to come there and really look around...not just on the internet. Will for sure be checking out the areas you describe. I just hope I can make a decision..and a good one and not a mistake like I did here.

Thanks!

Old 04-02-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
CG is not known for clean air, if that matters in your site selection process. Watch this site on a daily basis, not just a snapshot, to get a better feel for what it means, and how it compares to other areas.
AIRNow.

At about 45 minutes from Tucson, is Oracle too far out/too small for your liking ?

Good Luck
Gemstone1
Hi...actually when we lived in Tucson previously we lived up by Catalina which Oracle was not to far away. Our objective this time was to be closer to family and friends along the 1-10 corridor headed to San Diego.

Once we get into escrow most likely will be making a trip west. Casa Grande will be on our list along with some parts of Phoenix it appears. As I recall traveling across Tucson to the interstate was a real pain on Tangerine. Although I really like the northwest part the home prices and taxes are getting to high for us retired for what we would feel comfortable in.

Old 04-02-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
There are a lot that almost fit your bill, enough at least to take a look around. CG is one, Maricopa City, San Tan, Queen Creek, Coolidge. All have more or less of what you want. Close to Tucson, San Diego and cheaper new housing with yards and golf, mountain views. Most importantly they all have plenty of sunshine, nice people and no ice or snow. Make sure you get a pool!
Sounds so exciting PoppySead...oh I wish I could be there soon and yes I want a pool! We had a heater with our one in northwest Tucson...is that needed up in Phoenix? Thanks..

Old 04-04-2014, 03:20 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,336,622 times
I love Casa Grande. Always have. But you will get a lot more dust there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona