U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 06:55 PM

89 posts, read 5,030 times
Default Stop hating on Arizona

Seriously, Arizona is a wonderful state and people treat it like crap, oh I know why "too hot, too humid, boring, and just plain nothingness." That's not always true. In some parts of Arizona, it snows, yeah don't believe me...

Now ya see it.

Also, it's not boring, there's tons of things to do there, especially in nature. White water rafting, horseback riding, sightseeing, and plenty more.

While it is hot the rest of the year, at least it's a dry heat. Try living in Southwest Florida for 8 years in 90F temperatures and 95% humidity all-year round, after that, you'd probably be running to Arizona if it was your only choice.

So yeah, give Arizona more credit, it's an amazing state and I got accepted into college there, but decided to go to school in Georgia, but I was accepted in Arizona before I got accepted in Georgia, then I would've gone to Arizona. But who cares, that's another story.

End rant.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:10 PM

7,840 posts, read 15,400,315 times
LMBO . . . picsesmauve! ! ! ! !

Old 12-11-2007, 07:19 PM

42,846 posts, read 52,681,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picsesmauve957 View Post
So yeah, give Arizona more credit, it's an amazing state and I got accepted into college there, but decided to go to school in Georgia, but I was accepted in Arizona before I got accepted in Georgia, then I would've gone to Arizona. But who cares, that's another story.
Thanks for the state compliments. Moderator cut: rude comments

Last edited by sablebaby; 12-15-2007 at 09:21 AM..

Old 12-11-2007, 07:29 PM

74 posts, read 219,744 times
Quote:
Seriously, Arizona is a wonderful state and people treat it like crap, oh I know why "too hot, too humid, boring, and just plain nothingness." That's not always true. In some parts of Arizona, it snows, yeah don't believe me...

Now ya see it.

Also, it's not boring, there's tons of things to do there, especially in nature. White water rafting, horseback riding, sightseeing, and plenty more.

While it is hot the rest of the year, at least it's a dry heat. Try living in Southwest Florida for 8 years in 90F temperatures and 95% humidity all-year round, after that, you'd probably be running to Arizona if it was your only choice.

End rant.
THANK YOU. I LOOOOOVE ARIZONA.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:35 PM

10,813 posts, read 891,964 times
Yeah,there is nothing wrong with Arizona. It's nice here.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:14 PM

4,299 posts, read 10,001,763 times
Quote:

Now ya see it.

End rant.

I do feel like I'm running back to AZ because it is my only choice right now an not because it's humid here.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:29 AM

18,950 posts, read 49,532,294 times
Quote:
Seriously, Arizona is a wonderful state and people treat it like crap, oh I know why "too hot, too humid, boring, and just plain nothingness." Try living in Southwest Florida for 8 years in 90F temperatures and 95% humidity all-year round
Who says AZ is "too humid"? lol

As for FL, its not 90 with 95% humidity. In summer, peak humidity during peak temps usually floats around 55-60%, which is incredibly steamy, but definitely not 95%, that would make the heat index too unbearable to live in. And besides, Miami always has that awesome breeze off the ocean that makes it quite comfy, unless youre further inland when it turns into a sauna. Right now its a perfect 72 degrees with 80% humidity (which you cant feel that much because the temps are lower) and high today will be 81 with 60% humidity, which is how it normally is. Ahhh, what I wouldnt give to be on a beach sippin on a PBR under a palm while staring at crystal clear blue water. You just cannot beat south Florida in teh winter, its perfect. Their summers suck supreme, though.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...kday=Wednesday

Anyways, regarding your post, yes, AZ is lovely, one of my favorite states. It just sucks that PHX has to kill the valley though. W/o PHX, Id be half tempted to move there. It just sucks that Id have to resort to PHX as my "main city", I cant stand it. But I love many burbs there, some are heaven-on-earth (Carefree, Cave Creek, N. Scottsdale, Fountain Hills).

Old 12-12-2007, 09:12 AM

6,310 posts, read 10,157,305 times
Nice picture.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:16 AM

461 posts, read 1,215,699 times
Moderator cut: orphaned portion

AZ is an awesome state - it seems to have just about everything, including whatever kind of weather you want. I love it there. Awesome picture, by the way - what part of AZ is it?

Last edited by sablebaby; 12-15-2007 at 09:30 AM..

Old 12-12-2007, 10:25 AM

633 posts, read 1,577,789 times
Default Just sayin'

Well, not EVERYONE likes Arizona.
I've never heard or seen anyone "treat it like crap" on this site. I've read some harsh truths, but that's anywhere.
I don't particularly love it here, but it's just not my taste.
I still pick up trash off the ground when I can (and Prescott needs all the help it can get with that, have you seen the parking lots lately? Ewww.), I support local shops, I take care of what I have here & what AZ has to offer.
BUT while I am here, I will pick out the things that I do & do not favor & I will speak truthfully of both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona