Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 12:05 PM

14 posts, read 34,249 times

Advertisements

I got pulled over for suspended License plates due to no insurance. Funny thing is I have been paying for insurance and the insurance company has been taking it out from my acct!!! But as I called the insurance company they stated to me that they can't find anything under my name, but my statements show that I was paying for the insurance. I called the MVD, the courts, and insurance asking questions, didn't get much from the MVD, the courts was not able to give me any information, but my insurance told me they would have to investigate it which will take up to 4-6 weeks. Well the police officer did take my plates, and that is something I need to get around to work, I asked MVD if I should just buy insurance until they find out what's going on and they said yes. But the insurance company told me no because I could be doubled insured and I could get a fine for that as well. I have called and called on my breaks at work to find out information but I'm not getting any where with anyone I'm hoping this would help me with some advise from the public so see if anyone has had this situation. My insurance is not even able to give me a letter for the investigation, I've faxed them the information of my statement of paying as well. I did just go buy the insurance but not full coverage just in case "I'm doubled insured" paid for my plates and got reinstated because I need my car. Did I do this wrong??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 12:37 PM

9,593 posts, read 31,564,017 times
Just a few questions, Shello Bello . . .

Did you not present a "Proof Of Insurance" certificate to the Police Officer when stopped / cited? That certificate should clearly state both the Policy Number as well as the Legal Name of the Policy Holder.

Were the "seized:" License Plates legally registered to the vehicles you were driving?

Also, what's the name of your Insurance Company?

Old 07-16-2014, 01:26 PM

Yes I had all the PROOF that they needed. My insurance card stated it was good until 9/1/14, my registration was good for 2 years!! I've had the same insurance company for 2 years!!! But the police officer stated that my license plate was suspended, advise me I was not able to drive the car, took my license plate and issued me a ticket for driving with suspended license plate and no insurance!! Everything matched with my insurance, my registration, my drivers license.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:19 PM

710 posts, read 3,381,420 times
Easy fix shello, no sweat. Your insurance company probably did not send proof of your coverage to the mvd. Just get a statement from them, showing that you were insured on the date and time of the offense, and the court will find you not responsible.

In AZ, your plates are MI suspended (mandatory insurance) when the mvd doesn't get proof of insurance from your company, and that pops up whenever cops run your plate.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:09 PM

308 posts, read 787,176 times
ji603 is exactly correct. MI suspension is there to prevent people from buying insurance, getting a card with an expiration date 6 months in the future, and then canceling the insurance but still showing officers the card as proof they are insured. The problem comes in when your insurance company doesnt send proof to the MVD, who then suspends your registration.

Bring proof you were insured at the time of the suspension and stop and it should be dismissed.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:25 PM

105 posts, read 224,487 times
4-6 weeks to figure out if you paid? Doesn't make any sense. Your payment by check or credit card statment should be enough to prove to the company.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:37 PM

10,023 posts, read 17,936,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Fish View Post
4-6 weeks to figure out if you paid? Doesn't make any sense. Your payment by check or credit card statment should be enough to prove to the company.
^^^ I was thinking the same thing. OP, if you have proof that you paid (cancelled check, debit on your account paid to the insurance company, payment on your credit card, or whatever), it makes no sense that the insurance company would say that you haven't paid. Something in your story is off ...

You never said how you paid (check, credit card, or whatever). Those things are so, so simple to prove. Again, something is off.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:11 PM

Okay I don't know where you jumped in at and if you read the first part of my story. I have provided statements to the insurance company for the payments they have been taking it out of my acct every month! The same amount from when I renewed with them in March 2014, Ive been with this insurance company for over 2 years. story before----->"Funny thing is I have been paying for insurance and the insurance company has been taking it out from my acct!!! But as I called the insurance company they stated to me that they can't find anything under my name, but my statements show that I was paying for the insurance."I've called about a hundred times to the insurance company about the issue asking questions everyday. They tell me they can't find me in the system, they took my information down and my acct number my bank statements and said they are looking into it which probably means place it aside for now. :/ I asked for letter for them to tell the judge they are looking into it. They advised me not to get insurance right now because I can get in trouble if I was in an accident and I am doubled insured, but they can't find anything on me. This really bothers me, because I have court on Aug 7 for all this. I can provide proof of insurance with my card and statements, I can't get anything from the insurance to let the judge know I'm not the one that's in fault here. I pay my bills.. I feel like I'm breaking the laws for getting liability insurance for now to get my license plates back because i need my car I have 4 kids and I have a job also. and GOD knows how long I've been driving with suspended license plates. smh...I'm really nervous about the courts like I don't know break laws. I just feel like I'm getting the cold shoulder from my insurance company with them lacking to provide me with information for the courts.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:13 PM

MY INSURANCE COMPANY STATES THAT THEY NOW CAN NOT FIND ME IN THE SYSTEM!!!! Ive read the company name, city, state and amount and dates and nothing.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:27 PM

105 posts, read 224,487 times
What is the insurance company's name? Is this a legit place?

I am not aware of any law that prevents you from having double coverage on your car insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona