U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2014, 01:43 PM

916 posts, read 1,127,901 times

Advertisements

While surfing around I came across a serial killer known as Jacob Kell. In 1945 he killed his parents, and went on a killing spree. I came upon a page where there was some information.The person who posted the page made mention there were news stories at the time,but the number of victims outside of his parents varied
according to the news stories. There was a photo of an abandoned car with the victims bodies covered by sheets and it was from a newspaper. Someone also sent the page owner a photo of a home said to belong to Kell's last victims,the Macardies I believe. Apparently vigilanties who went in search of the killer shot him at the home of his last victims. They also mentioned that a number of tombstones at Wenden ,Az. say September 1945,but don't recall if it gave a date.

Thats like there was a fellow in Arizona or New Mexico named Dean Farrin or Fearin. He kidnaped a young nurse and took her to an abandoned adobe church and murdered her. Only details about her death ever released was she was bound and whipped with red hot wires.This also took place in the 1930s or 40s.
Anyone ever heard of this first one. I'm a true crime buff, but these are really obscure cases.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 04:54 PM

556 posts, read 802,154 times
This is a fictitious person that was created for a haunted attraction's story line. The haunted house used to be The Nest, but is now part of the Rob Zombie Great American Nightmare attraction in West World this year.

Old 08-14-2014, 05:26 PM

3,391 posts, read 6,851,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petroglyphin View Post
This is a fictitious person that was created for a haunted attraction's story line. The haunted house used to be The Nest, but is now part of the Rob Zombie Great American Nightmare attraction in West World this year.
You are both correct. Jacob Kell was real, and he was included in a haunted house at Rawhide in 2012. Terror gets personal at The Nest haunted house at Rawhide - East Valley Tribune: Events

Old 05-31-2017, 12:03 PM

7,358 posts, read 11,030,564 times
There is a movie about Jacob Kell, just called JACOB, IMDb link: Jacob (2011) - IMDb

I have yet to find a book on the guy.

I've heard of Danny Farrin but I was told he killed his wife and daughter and left them wearing clown makeup. It's hard to believe a story THAT good wouldn't have a true-crime story written about it sometime! So it might just be a lot of hot air.

Old 05-31-2017, 02:10 PM

556 posts, read 802,154 times
It's a lot of hot air. There is no trace of this person online. This is very common for the haunted attraction industry to create story lines like these. I worked in the industry for 15 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona