U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Thread summary:

Non-desert town : loving green mountain scenery, sense of history, local events, reasonable commute, wilderness recreation

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 10:10 PM

328 posts, read 610,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As vegaspilgrim described. Note the January low temps are colder than NYC, Boston, etc. It has been known to hit -24F in Flag.
Payson, AZ at around 5,000 feet has pretty much perfect weather...four season weather with no real extremes...mostly upper 80's/lower 90's for highs in the summer plus it really cools off at night and mostly upper 40's/low 50's for highs in the winter...we get about 5 to 6 times the amount of rain as hell, um...Phoenix, and 30-40 inches of snow a season that mostly melts away pretty quick.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:16 PM

96 posts, read 308,599 times
Santa Fe NM, Boise or Idaho Falls ID, Bozeman or Missoula MT, Durango or Colorado Springs CO

Old 01-01-2008, 05:16 PM

1,198 posts, read 383,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizherself View Post
Wow, SO glad to have found this site!! Thanks to all!
I guess when I was talking about "desert" I had the blistering hot summers and treeless landscapes of places like Palm Springs, Phoenix, etc. in mind. I am going to be busy this weekend with all of these wonderful suggestions. I do want to check out Eugene and Boise now that you mention it. I did have a huge tug towards Flag, and was so pleased with the atmosphere there, but I will check out Payson and Prescott too! (thanks for the info on the medical community!) Funny enough, my daughter is chomping at the bit to be out of Palm Springs, the sooner the better for her. One of the things about Flag that I liked is that it seemed to have alot of outdoors stuff for her and my youngest, she's also into folk art and seemed to see alot of it up there. Flag also seemed to have a nice little music scene for my oldest who is into drumming. It was driving distance from family in Snowflake, Phoenix and Kingman. And I was glad to have NAU right there.
Opinion - do any of you think that expenses in Flag would be shocking compared to what it's like here in So Cal ? (Palm Springs is a resort town too....) Would it be an improvement at all, or the same or worse???
It's a lot of deserts too, hon. And it does get blistering hot and viciously cold here too. Maybe this isn't good either for you. All of the southwest is desert, too hot, and too cold. Try the east coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona