Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 03:28 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Donna 7 TYVM for understanding what I was saying!
Yes I am from Escondido. I have lived here since I was 16 and I am now a grandmother (my hubby was born here) and the illegal population has exploded here as I am sure it has in other places. We are soon becoming (as the lady from Mexico told me) the minority.
Our car has been hit not once but twice from an illegal person from Mexico. The first time was a hit and run, but the police found him and he is in jail for that and another warrant he had(if he hadn't had the warrant he would have just been deported) the policeman told me that.The last time the man hit our car that was parked in front of our home, he went through our stucco front yard wall, the neighbors yard, and ended up hitting a brick wall in a professional building next to our neighbors house. He was sent to the hospital, and then deported back to Mexico. I am sure like thousands of other illegals deported back to Mexico he will be back. That seems to be the way with most crimes here, the illegal people from Mexico get deported and then end up coming back again with no punishment for their crimes unless it is something really serious.
It just seems to me that it is a win win situation for the illegal people coming from Mexico. The illegal people get to use our services tax free and if the illegal people get into trouble they are deported or they run back to Mexico only to return again and again.

Very sad indeed. I definitely can't handle the lawlessness that seems to go with people driving illegally, not having insurance, etc. There's enough American citizens that are already doing that, but to have even more people who don't really understand the language, traffic laws, etc. driving around randomly is not a good thing. There's too much potential for disaster, of someone getting seriously hurt or killed. This is not just a possibility, it is, in fact, a probability. It leaves me shaking my head and wondering how much more.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:51 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,586,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I am of 1/2 Hungarian heritage so here in Arizona you and I both would be counted as 'Anglo'----------non Hispanic White.

Yet; my cousins in Venezuela; also of Hungarian lineage would be classified as 'Hispanic' here.
The US Census Bureau and the Bureau of Statistics do not differentiate between the term "Hispanic" and "Latino". Any person of Spanish speaking origin and/or originating from a Spanish speaking country would be classified as "Hispanic" by the USCB and the BOS. So if I were an Argentinian living in American Samoa, I would be classified as "Hispanic" and not Polynesian or South Seas Islander.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:26 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,416 times
closing our borders and having immigrants go thru the proper channels for legally getting into our Country is the ONLY way Americans will see any improvement on ALL issues pertaining to illegal aliens...

Old 01-09-2008, 05:59 PM

635 posts, read 1,746,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by altus2006 View Post
Some farmers in Arizona are getting prisoners to harvest their crops. The prisoners get out of jail for the day and earn money to save for when they are released. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.
If you think illegal immigrants only work in the agricultural sector you aren't thinkin' straight. The illegals are huge in the restraunt industry, housing industry, landscaping industry, tourism industry. Arizona has shot themselves in the foot with this bill. I have no idea where Arizona is going to get these workers. I could see Oklahoma slipping by with an immigration law, but a state like Arizona is in high waters. Big business is saying adios to Arizona.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:27 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
If you think illegal immigrants only work in the agricultural sector you aren't thinkin' straight. The illegals are huge in the restraunt industry, housing industry, landscaping industry, tourism industry. Arizona has shot themselves in the foot with this bill. I have no idea where Arizona is going to get these workers. I could see Oklahoma slipping by with an immigration law, but a state like Arizona is in high waters. Big business is saying adios to Arizona.
Then said big businesses can leave..........

If there is truly a demand; new businesses will pop up.

We are not worried

Old 01-10-2008, 11:32 AM

635 posts, read 1,746,695 times
Has anyone noticed any slight or major changes with illegal immigrants leaving Arizona? Ghost towns, shortage of workers, higher prices. Or the I am doing great, glad there gone, me and my friends are being paid better.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:49 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Has anyone noticed any slight or major changes with illegal immigrants leaving Arizona? Ghost towns, shortage of workers, higher prices. Or the I am doing great, glad there gone, me and my friends are being paid better.
No ghost towns -

Illegals leaving - in droves.

Less crowded classrooms - a good thing for the kids

No worker shortages - legal workers filled the jobs

Less crowded emergency rooms

All good things -

Old 01-10-2008, 11:51 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,018,889 times
Quote:
Oh, it's mayhem!! All businesses have closed, crops rotting in the fields, houses are crumbling, cats marrying dogs... What exactly are you expecting??

Old 01-10-2008, 12:01 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Illegals leaving - in droves.

Less crowded classrooms - a good thing for the kids

No worker shortages - legal workers filled the jobs

Less crowded emergency rooms
Any documentation of these things having happened?

Ken

Old 01-10-2008, 12:05 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Any documentation of these things having happened?

Ken
Just the news reports coming across - the less crowded classroom report was preliminary - AZDOE will be submitting the report later this month.

As for the worker issue, there are no reports of shortages -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona