Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 05:38 PM

44,542 posts, read 61,215,278 times

Advertisements

OSHA has nothing to do or anyway to help this situation by the OP. OSHA is responsible for health and safety concerns/issues.
Under the OSH Act, employers are responsible for providing a safe and healthful workplace...
https://www.osha.gov/law-regs.html

Getting Paid When You Leave a Job: Arizona...Do I get paid for my accrued vacation time when I leave a job? You only have a right to be paid your accrued vacation time if there is a company policy or union contract that says workers will be paid accrued vacation time when they leave.
Can My Boss Do That? | Getting Paid When You Leave a Job: Arizona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 12:25 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,331,948 times
Ok, I only have two days left and I want to get paid for them. So I'm gonna behave and be quiet until after Xmas. There are greater injustices in this world than screwing me out of my last two days of vacation. However, first week of Jan. I will call the HR person to push this a little and let them know that what they're doing to me, while perhaps not illegal, will ensure all employees who quit in the future will first burn up all their vacation and either not come back to work or will come back, quit after lunch and walk out. There simply is no reason to give two weeks notice anymore. I am the only one who has given notice and then not been walked out the door, so I don't have it too bad. All my co-workers talk and we all keep in touch with the others who have quit or been let go. Word gets around immediately. I doubt this company will be around a whole lot longer, as they have a lot of angry former employees who are looking into legal action, folks who were treated a lot worse than I have been. The Glassdoor.com reviews aren't good now and they're gonna get a LOT worse.

Old 12-21-2014, 01:58 PM

8,020 posts, read 12,165,215 times
My experience is that the larger firms will take any unused time off and calculate it into earned income when you leave voluntarily. The smaller firms may not be as generous ... and it's mostly a matter of having enough capital at hand. Many small businesses can barely afford to keep up with all the federal & state laws & regulations, not to mention overhead, so how can they expect to dole out extra money for unused vacation time? I say that no matter what type of business you're employed with, it's always best to use up all your allotted time off prior to your final day of employment. It avoids any potential conflict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: