Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 08:47 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Only you don't route your car exhaust into a closed car, do you?
Sounds like some may have done exactly that.... Just not long enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 09:55 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,687,030 times
Quote:
how many *decades* do you have to smoke 20 / 30 / 40 cigarettes per *day* before you *might* get cancer?

Don't overstate the "danger" of cigarettes.

If you want to ban smoking because you're a controlling bass hole , then own it.

Don't pretend it has anything to do with "the children", the science doesn't support that.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:34 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,933,130 times
Quote:
If your AC or heater is on and its set to "fresh" air, where do you think that air is coming from. And even though its the 21st century, not every car has a functional AC system, so guess what they are breathing. What next, are we going to mandate that cars carrying children have functional AC and it ALWAYS has to be on recirculate, with a special exemption if you have a compressed oxygen breathing system.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:36 PM

488 posts, read 1,176,761 times
I wonder how many of you who support more "save the children" laws also support "pro choice." You know, a woman's right to murder her unborn baby.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:46 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
In AZ you can just toss the kids in the back of a pick up with the dogs. There, problem solved, parents can smoke and not have to listen to the kids whine, "are we there yet."

Gosh, when I was a kid we had a flat bed and had to hang onto a rope. If you fell off you had to walk home. If you could still walk...

Old 06-08-2015, 07:07 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,093,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Show me where I said we need more laws. What I said was that it was a shame that we "need" to "make" laws such as this because people don't have the common sense not to do something that could possibly put their children in harms way. Unavoidable things happen in every day life, but this is something that can be avoided.
I don't care about your kids TBPO.( apparently you don't either). That's something that you should be doing.
Smoke away, leave loaded firearms within their reach, leave them in a hot car. They're your kids, not mine.
Again spoken like a true citizen of the CSSR! Well done man! First you try to side step what you said by using double-speak and semantics.

Then you go and make all kinds of assumptions about me. You do not know me, whether I have kids, whether I smoke, or own firearms.

Yup, CSSR comrade all the way.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:09 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post

p.s. I do not advocate smoking with children in the car, I just do not see it as the governments job to codify it.
Exactly.

I would rather see a smoking cessation program offered to parents. Some people just need help and encouragement to quit. Some try and fail several times before they succeed.

That the minds of certain people go immediately to force of law doesn't surprise me but it does sadden me. But then, so much does these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona