Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2015, 03:16 PM

812 posts, read 792,441 times

Advertisements

This is from Arizona Highways. Thought some might find it interesting. The author's seem to like hot weather.

Arizona's a Great Place to Retire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 05:17 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,918,985 times
LOL - Arizona Highways, aka unabashed AZ promotion publication. I give them credit for publishing 40 years of different pictures of the Grand Canyon.

I keep seeking the perfect place to live and it always comes up AZ.

With a summer home in Hawaii.

Old 06-15-2015, 05:35 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,422,444 times
Love this too... It is all about Phoenix, what is fine with me, but look at the temp.......
FLAGSTAFF
Fair
82°
SEDONA
Mostly Cloudy
92°
BISBEE
Fair
98°
SHOW LOW
Partly Cloudy
84°
YUMA
Smoke
110°
- See more at: New Ranking: Arizona's a Great Place to Retire | Arizona Highways

Old 06-15-2015, 09:13 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,346 posts, read 80,658,912 times
I hear about people retiring to Arizona or Florida and can't understand it. Even Hawaii is to hot to live there, though I enjoy visiting. When I retire it's the coast of Oregon or WA, maybe the northern end of CA where there's fog and cooler summer temperatures, preferably below 80 most of the time.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:25 PM

15,246 posts, read 12,889,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I hear about people retiring to Arizona or Florida and can't understand it.
Lower prices
Less expensive real estate
Friendly people
Personal freedom
Fewer onerous laws
Lower taxes
Lower taxes
Lower taxes

Quote:
Even Hawaii is to hot to live there, though I enjoy visiting. When I retire it's the coast of Oregon or WA, maybe the northern end of CA where there's fog and cooler summer temperatures, preferably below 80 most of the time.
I wish you much happiness retiring in Oregon, Washington or California. And I'm glad you'll be paying for the Legislature's craziness, not me.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:28 AM

1,905 posts, read 2,781,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Lower prices
Friendly people
Personal freedom
Fewer onerous laws
Lower taxes
Lower taxes
Lower taxes

I wish you much happiness retiring in Oregon, Washington or California. And I'm glad you'll be paying for the Legislature's craziness, not me.
Florida has tons of crazy laws to so don't get it twisted.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:14 AM

812 posts, read 792,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Lower prices
Friendly people
Personal freedom
Fewer onerous laws
Lower taxes
Lower taxes
Lower taxes
This!

I don't like the heat this time of year either. Why do you think I am sitting inside on my computer looking at City Data?

But, Arizona does have many good qualities too, affordability being a big one. I would love to live in Oregon or parts of WA, but it is too expensive. Also, my dh isn't so fond of rain.

I can get out a bit on hot days, it just has to be early in the morn. or after the sun starts to go down. Right now, I actually have my windows open and am watching a hummingbird get his morning nectar from one of our Penstemons. Of course I live up out of the valley heat though...our forecast here today is only 103, compared to their 111.

Old 06-18-2015, 11:48 PM

1,551 posts, read 3,636,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I hear about people retiring to Arizona or Florida and can't understand it. Even Hawaii is to hot to live there, though I enjoy visiting. When I retire it's the coast of Oregon or WA, maybe the northern end of CA where there's fog and cooler summer temperatures, preferably below 80 most of the time.
Sorry but I spent 25 years on the Oregon Coast and you couldn't pay me enough to live there full time again.
As much as it is sunny here in Arizona, it's cloudy, gloomy, rainy and windy on the Oregon Coast. Very depressing. Except July and August.
Just sayin'

Old 06-19-2015, 10:18 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,591,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuglf View Post
This is from Arizona Highways. Thought some might find it interesting. The author's seem to like hot weather.

Arizona's a Great Place to Retire
Thanks to Arizona Highways, for always highly touting the gem of the southwest!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona