Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 08:31 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times

Advertisements

I have people come in all the time at my family gun store, mostly people who have just moved, who try to buy guns without a license. We will not sell a gun to you without a license with your current AZ address on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 11:26 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,693,707 times
Of note the last firearm my wife bought we had a slight problem. We were rural SE AZ at the time and USPS did not deliver to our home so we had to had a PO box at the Post Office to get mail.
That PO Box was what we put on our driver's license and when she went to buy the last gun we had to prove our street address via bills we had at the street address. Dumb.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:28 PM

604 posts, read 933,904 times
Moving to Sun Cities area this spring. Looking for a good place to buy guns and get training. Any recommendations?

Old 12-12-2015, 04:17 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,693,707 times
Not in the Valley but one of the best in the country.
From simple concealed weapons training to tactical assault training.

http://www.gunsite.com/

Old 12-12-2015, 04:49 PM

604 posts, read 933,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
Not in the Valley but one of the best in the country.
From simple concealed weapons training to tactical assault training.

http://www.gunsite.com/
Thanks but it's way too far out of area.

Old 12-12-2015, 05:41 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,807,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneR View Post
Moving to Sun Cities area this spring. Looking for a good place to buy guns and get training. Any recommendations?

I've bought a few from Lone Wolf Trading Co in Glendale. Prices are fair and salesman are nice and helpful. I'm not sure if she's still there but I dealt with Michelle,she's super cool and really knows her stuff. I was out of town for a few months and she went out of her way to find me something specific I was looking for,brought it in and held it for me for 2 months. They also have reasonable gun transfers if you buy one online and have it shipped to them,only $25.00. You could ask them about training,I'm sure they can lead you in the right direction.

Lone Wolf Trading Company - Guns, Ammo and Outfitters

Old 12-13-2015, 11:33 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Exclamation Pop

One can by a hunting rifle (Proper ID and fill out the back ground check ), but not a hand gun. I have a friend moved here from SLC and had a similar issue.

Plus if one does not have a CWP everyone is required to wait 3 business days.

Good Honest Dealers like Arizona Fire Arms in Tempe, and Guns Etc..

Old 06-20-2016, 01:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,970 times
I am a legal resident of Arizona, have a AZ DL, vote in AZ, pay taxes to AZ, but I am active duty military and always live outside of AZ. So all my IDs have addresses outside of AZ. I know an AZ non-resident active duty military stationed in AZ can buy a handgun in AZ, but can an AZ resident (me) stationed outside of AZ purchase a handgun in AZ?

Old 06-21-2016, 06:18 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,797,189 times
Just call the ATF office near you and ask the agents there. Can't go wrong that way!

Rich

Old 06-21-2016, 06:31 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,217,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
One can by a hunting rifle (Proper ID and fill out the back ground check ), but not a hand gun. I have a friend moved here from SLC and had a similar issue.

Plus if one does not have a CWP everyone is required to wait 3 business days.

Good Honest Dealers like Arizona Fire Arms in Tempe, and Guns Etc..
Where did you get that information? There is no 3 day wait in Arizona. There is no waiting period at all in Arizona.

The concealed weapons permit gets you out of the federal background check for every purchase. If you don't have the license you do the background check and walk out the door with the gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona