Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:46 AM

34 posts, read 192,831 times

Advertisements

I was born in Mesa in 1954, I spent years in Scottsdale, now I live in Chandler. Except for 5 years in the San Gabriel Valley (L.A. County), I've spent my life in The Valley of the Sun. I love the desert, the open spaces and the weird, funky out-of-the-way places which you can only find in a state such as ours...as one poster said, you are either a desert person or you aren't. And yes, we have museums (art, history, natural sciences), decent restaurants and a good symphony orchestra.

I really hope all the people who dislike Phoenix and Arizona so much will be able to leave ASAP. I'm certainly happy here and I would wish that everyone else can be happy where they are too (and we could perhaps decrease the number of "unfriendly people" some posters write about if all the miserable, unhappy folks who hate it here could leave)--although I've never noticed that Arizonans are any less friendly than anyone else in America (and yes I've been to New York, Chicago, Boston, Philly, DC, Atlanta, etc.).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 11:37 AM

18 posts, read 67,709 times
He hit the nail on the head! Guess what folks, you bring your attitude with you. If you are negative, you can move to Heaven and you will hate it. No city is all good or bad. I agree that if these people hate an area, get yourself in gear and leave. Everyone has choices in life so stop complaining and change something. I can understand people not liking things about where they live but I don't need to hear bias on here. My husband and I are looking to move to Scottsdale from NY. NY has a lot of good and bad but when I go to the forum - I don't find a lot of complainers like here. NYer's are too busy working themselves to death. Be grateful you people have the "quality of life" to have the time to come on here. But please give some useful info. for those of us that are on here to educate ourselves about an area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saguarodave View Post
I was born in Mesa in 1954, I spent years in Scottsdale, now I live in Chandler. Except for 5 years in the San Gabriel Valley (L.A. County), I've spent my life in The Valley of the Sun. I love the desert, the open spaces and the weird, funky out-of-the-way places which you can only find in a state such as ours...as one poster said, you are either a desert person or you aren't. And yes, we have museums (art, history, natural sciences), decent restaurants and a good symphony orchestra.

I really hope all the people who dislike Phoenix and Arizona so much will be able to leave ASAP. I'm certainly happy here and I would wish that everyone else can be happy where they are too (and we could perhaps decrease the number of "unfriendly people" some posters write about if all the miserable, unhappy folks who hate it here could leave)--although I've never noticed that Arizonans are any less friendly than anyone else in America (and yes I've been to New York, Chicago, Boston, Philly, DC, Atlanta, etc.).

Old 04-03-2007, 07:07 PM

508 posts, read 1,673,069 times
I would have to agree with one exception. I lived in the West Valley for almost 3o years and there has always been a somewhat nasty perceived rivalry bewtwen East Valley and West Valley due to both real and perceived economic reasons. I have been in SoCal for the last 2 1/2 years and will be moving my family back to my birthplace in the next 9 months and cant wait. I definitely see outside attitudes on this board that very much resemble the negative holier than thou attitudes common in Southern California and as far as I'm concerned they can have their beaches and silicone back and the ones that moved to AZ and complain that it sucks can go back where they came from. one interesting point is that most of them came here because they hated/had problems with where they were before and now have the same problems in a new city . . . no matter how far away you move you can never get away from yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona