U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 04:30 PM

6 posts, read 31,581 times
Default Question about Northern Arizona cities

I might be moving to Northern Arizona for a job after the new year. My territory would be Flagstaff, Prescott, Sedona and surrounding cities. What kind of drive time am I looking at between those three cities? Being 25 and single, which of the three would be best to live in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2006, 09:28 AM

1,320 posts, read 2,409,738 times
Prescott to Sedona - 45 minutes.
Prescott to Flagstaff - 90 minutes.
Sedona to Flagstaff - 50 minutes.

Sedona is the nicest if you can afford it. Otherwise, Prescott is the place to be. Flagstaff is too cold in my opinion.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:16 AM

Thanks for the input. I don't mind the cold. I am more concerned of being around people closer to my age. With NAU being in Flagstaff, I figured there would be more young people in Flagstaff. Is there anything going on in Prescott or Sedona for a 25 year old? I have heard that those cities are retirement communities. What do you think?

Old 11-14-2006, 12:38 PM

437 posts, read 35,261 times
The best of the three for a young person (who could care less about a winter season) is absolutely, positively, beyond a shadow of doubt - Flagstaff. You'll probably need to split rent with someone else. Buying in any of the three towns you mentioned is cost prohibitive for anyone, especially for a young person unless you've got a goldmine or a sugar daddy.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:06 PM

Thanks, thats what I thought. I definitely will be renting for a while until I build my business up.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:33 PM

18 posts, read 27,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninlink View Post
I might be moving to Northern Arizona for a job after the new year. My territory would be Flagstaff, Prescott, Sedona and surrounding cities. What kind of drive time am I looking at between those three cities? Being 25 and single, which of the three would be best to live in?

prescott is very conservative and very racist
other than that it is nice

Old 11-15-2006, 01:46 PM

11,015 posts, read 9,218,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migrants have rights View Post
prescott is very conservative and very racist
other than that it is nice
You seem to paint with a very broad bush. Please tell us how you came to the conclusion that Prescott is very racist?

Old 11-15-2006, 09:56 PM

That guy is obviously a moron. I actuallly need to know how it would be for a 25 year old to live in Prescott. I think most of my business would be handled there so living in Flagstaff would be too hard. Is there any night life, or anything close? What activities are there in Prescott? ie outdoors etc...

Old 11-15-2006, 10:34 PM

20 posts, read 72,949 times
Prescott does have three small colleges in town, so there will be a young adult contingency. Can't comment on night life, but there are a number of hiking trails, popular to hike Thumb Butte, along with a number of bike trails....couple of small lakes for kayaking or fishing. The city has a good recreational programs for Basketball, Volleyball, Softball, etc.....

Old 12-09-2009, 11:25 PM

91 posts, read 187,551 times
Flagstaff is the best for young folks. While beautiful, Sedona would be a terrible place for a single young person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona