Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 03:41 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times

Advertisements

The Ducey Administration is working (and spending tax dollars on) on a slogan to both 'polish' our image and help rebrand ourselves. If you were chosen what would be your slogan?

State catchphrase: Arizona paying firm to polish image
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 05:44 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,956,786 times
Why not just work on what's diminishing our image?

Are we really paying a company to come up with this savior type slogan that will make people like us?

Old 08-17-2015, 08:21 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times
My slogan.....

Please get to work doing things that really matter to the people of AZ, especially simple basic type things like balancing our budget.

Note: I expect nothing from pols but I feel I fulfilled JG's request.

Seriously, are we really this thin-skinned/insecure to think this is worth the time of our elected officials and our money going to such things? From the article, I think this sums it up best:

"And the negative stuff?

“There isn’t a state in the union that doesn’t have issues,” Heasley said"

Spot on.

I can think of a ton of things about each state, cities, various regions of the country, etc and all the negative stereotypes that go along with it that people throw around. This all reminds me of an insecure kid coming home from 1st grade screaming "Johnny doesn't like me anymore....make him/her like me!!!".

Personally, I'd rather see adults act like adults and realize all states aren't everything to everybody and live and let live. If people have a stereotype of a state, often it seems without even visiting the state or mingling with the people, let it be. Do we really want to attract such thin skinned/superficial reactive type people in our state who think in such superficial terms in the 1st place? I say no.

And frankly, we are growing very fast as it is.....do you all really want to make us turn into another CA even quicker with this "polish our image/bring in more people even faster" kind of thing?

Old 08-17-2015, 08:26 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
Steve I'm in agreement. This is embarrassing more than anything.

Love the logic take from schools to pay for a firm to improve our image re: the schools we just cut.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:33 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Steve I'm in agreement. This is embarrassing more than anything.
Ugh, I hear you. Oh well. I have such low expectations from politicians that it almost doesn't register in my brain anymore.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:37 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,611,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
The Ducey Administration is working (and spending tax dollars on) on a slogan to both 'polish' our image and help rebrand ourselves. If you were chosen what would be your slogan?

State catchphrase: Arizona paying firm to polish image
Nope. Arizona doesn't need to polish its image. Arizona is just fine as is.

Old 08-17-2015, 09:33 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,725,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post

Are we really paying a company to come up with this savior type slogan that will make people like us?
Follow the money (or the ice cream man) and you'll find the firm hired used to do work for Cold Stone.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:22 PM

299 posts, read 666,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post

So true but it doesn't surprise me at all. Arizona tarnished its own image, and nobody can blame outsiders or the media for it. If Arizonans want to polish the state's image, they can start by electing people that won't slash education down to the bare bones where it ranks as low as Mississippi. Coming up with a stupid-ass slogan isn't going to do squat for the state.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:24 PM

402 posts, read 686,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Nope. Arizona doesn't need to polish its image. Arizona is just fine as is.
I agree.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:25 PM

299 posts, read 666,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
This all reminds me of an insecure kid coming home from 1st grade screaming "Johnny doesn't like me anymore....make him/her like me!!!".
This pretty much sums it up and it's kind of what I thought too. Honestly, can't politicians come up with some real solutions instead of more lame-brained schemes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona