Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 01:31 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,946,687 times

Advertisements

Taxpayers Fleeing Democrat-Run States for Republican Ones

https://www.atr.org/taxpayers-fleein...epublican-ones

Quote:
Top 5 loser states for Democrat governors in 2013:

· New York (114,929 people with $5.7 billion in AGI)

· Illinois (68,943 people with $3.8 billion in AGI)

· California (47,458 people with 3.8 billion in AGI)

· Connecticut (14,453 people with $1.8 billion in AGI)

· Massachusetts (11,915 people with $1 billion in AGI)

Top 5 winner states for Republican governors in 2013:

· Texas (152,912 people with $6 billion in AGI)

· Florida (74,094 people with 8.3 billion in AGI)

· South Carolina (29,176 people with 1.6 billion in AGI)

· North Carolina (26,207 people with $1.5 billion in AGI)

· Arizona (16,549 people with $1.5 billion in AGI)
We can expect a lot of growth over the next 10 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 03:40 PM

604 posts, read 934,420 times
Interesting, but there's more happening in states than government administration. Also, the link brings us to the ATR web site but I had to open it three times before getting to the sourced article. The first two attempts were blocked by pitches to join or "like" it on FB or Twitter.

Old 09-04-2015, 03:49 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,222,821 times
Ruin the state with liberal politics and are attracted to conservative states only to want to make it more liberal as soon as they arrive.

I keep running from these states after the liberal invasions. Left Washington, Oregon, Idaho after the California invasions and hope Arizona isn't next.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:37 PM

700 posts, read 919,135 times
atr.org. "...The founder and president of ATR is Grover Norquist, a conservative tax activist..." Wikipedia

I'd take anything they "find" with a grain of salt. They are not objective. And it's 2013.

Old 09-05-2015, 01:12 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,946,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilmaWildcat View Post
atr.org. "...The founder and president of ATR is Grover Norquist, a conservative tax activist..." Wikipedia

I'd take anything they "find" with a grain of salt. They are not objective. And it's 2013.
The link provided had a blue link to the IRS data as the data source

SOI Tax Stats - Migration Data

I could not find 2014 stats so maybe they only provide 2013 at this time.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:57 AM

604 posts, read 934,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilmaWildcat View Post

Wilma raises an interesting issue here. While I am very conservative and agree with ATRs mission they do have an agenda and will look for data to support that agenda. That does not, however, discount the accuracy of the data. But, more to Wilma's point, ALL sources have an agenda. One can see the reporting perspective in NBC/CBS/ABC news (very liberal) or Fox News (conservative).

I worked in media for 3 decades and can tell you the mass media (radio/tv specifically) tends to be very liberal. I know that's not new information however, why then do these media claim objectivity? Because they believe in their hearts they have no bias. Then again, a fish probably doesn't know it's wet.

In the mid-1980's a more conservative voice started sprouting among the thousands of media outlets. This voice was primarily on AM talk radio. Then a single tv network arrived in the late 1990's which gave some voice to conservative opinion. Until that time (and mostly since) the electronic media (certainly news print which still is) was completely dominated by the liberal perspective.

While we might take ATR information with that grain of salt I would hope that same skepticism is applied to almost every other source.

Old 09-05-2015, 06:12 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Taxpayers Fleeing Democrat-Run States for Republican Ones

https://www.atr.org/taxpayers-fleein...epublican-ones

We can expect a lot of growth over the next 10 years
I agree, as a retired person coming from one of the "Liberal" states where those people want to waste tax payer money on public education, health care for everyone. I like the fact that Conservative states keep the taxes low and concentrate more on quality sports teams for their schools. That's the American way. If you can't brag about your HS and college teams producing winners every year, what's the point of living there?

Old 09-05-2015, 07:54 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I agree, as a retired person coming from one of the "Liberal" states where those people want to waste tax payer money on public education, health care for everyone. I like the fact that Conservative states keep the taxes low and concentrate more on quality sports teams for their schools. That's the American way. If you can't brag about your HS and college teams producing winners every year, what's the point of living there?

Why did you leave that liberal state? I'm sure you moved to Nc for the low col because you're now retired and don't want to pay for all those things and would like your money to stay in your own pocket. Take a good look at Il and how the liberals there have ruined the state. They're calling for another property tax increase along with another sales tax increase. Liberals think because they have a check book there must be money available. :roll eyes: Look at the N'east and how many people are fleeing once their kids are done with the schools or once they're close to retirement age they can no longer afford to live there because the col is insain!

While Az is far from perfect it's a whole lot better than any of those liberal states. The roads are great,there's no toll roads,taxes are low,everything newer and not falling apart,cheaper utilities,cheaper groceries and much better produce,people are much more friendly,endless outdoor activities,no unions,pro 2A and NO SNOW!

BTW...You're always free to go back to your liberal state.

Old 09-05-2015, 08:08 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Why did you leave that liberal state? I'm sure you moved to Nc for the low col because you're now retired and don't want to pay for all those things and would like your money to stay in your own pocket. Take a good look at Il and how the liberals there have ruined the state. They're calling for another property tax increase along with another sales tax increase. Liberals think because they have a check book there must be money available. :roll eyes: Look at the N'east and how many people are fleeing once their kids are done with the schools or once they're close to retirement age they can no longer afford to live there because the col is insain!

While Az is far from perfect it's a whole lot better than any of those liberal states. The roads are great,there's no toll roads,taxes are low,everything newer and not falling apart,cheaper utilities,cheaper groceries and much better produce,people are much more friendly,endless outdoor activities,no unions,pro 2A and NO SNOW!

BTW...You're always free to go back to your liberal state.
Why would I want to go back? I like the lower COl, almost no snow. If the working people down here don't care about below average wages , poor schools, why should I care? I did what's best for me and isn't that the conservative way? I already earned and payed my share. Plus now I get to own a couple of guns for target shooting which I could not do in the "Liberal " state.

I'm jumping into the conservative mindset now, It's all about me.

Old 09-05-2015, 08:20 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
I've pointed this out before:

Over 30% of California voters are Republicans. Those "fleeing" are not very likely to be progressive Democrats who, believe me, have everything their way in the Golden State.

Anyone who assumes Californian = liberal isn't thinking this through.

The sentiments of this California expatriate are shared by many:

Reason Foundation - Why I Am Leaving California
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona