Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 11:19 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,706,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You don't know what you're talking about. Butler isn't even in the city of Kingman, it's an unincorporated area. Birdland is a tiny strip. Quit trolling.
Again go to Birdland or Butler and tell me a majority of it is kept up, has nice homes, and lacks in violence and drugs.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:37 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Again go to Birdland or Butler and tell me a majority of it is kept up, has nice homes, and lacks in violence and drugs.
There are definitely lots of kept up homes in Butler. Whole blocks are nice, but then the next block may be a dump. Anyway, it's not Kingman, it's an unincorporated area. Kingman doesn't want anything to do with it. Birdland is an eyesore, but it's a tiny area. In fact you have to go looking for it to find it. Even so, there's little to no violent crime in Kingman, not sure where you're getting your information from. Petty crime, yes (usually druggies stealing from each other). Violent crime, no.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:14 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,865,528 times
Tell you what, if you want to get a good idea what Kingman is about, just read it's local paper and the comment sections:

kdminer.com

Old 01-16-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
There are definitely lots of kept up homes in Butler. Whole blocks are nice, but then the next block may be a dump. Anyway, it's not Kingman, it's an unincorporated area. Kingman doesn't want anything to do with it. Birdland is an eyesore, but it's a tiny area. In fact you have to go looking for it to find it. Even so, there's little to no violent crime in Kingman, not sure where you're getting your information from. Petty crime, yes (usually druggies stealing from each other). Violent crime, no.
You don't have to look for it, just go north on Andy Devine past Gordon, it's right there. Lol.

http://m.kdminer.com/news/2017/jan/1...erer-remanded-

https://youtu.be/ojW79XECeaY

Murder in Mohave County | Kingman Daily Miner | Kingman, AZ

Man killed in northern Kingman shooting | Kingman Daily Miner | Kingman, AZ

Old 01-16-2017, 02:55 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
You don't have to look for it, just go north on Andy Devine past Gordon, it's right there. Lol.
You can't see Birdland from Andy Devine. Quit lying. Again, it's a very small enclave that has no major roads going through it and you wouldn't know was there otherwise.

Why are you so obsessed with Birdland anyway? Did you live there?

Old 01-18-2017, 12:05 AM

Quote:
You can't see Birdland from Andy Devine. Quit lying. Again, it's a very small enclave that has no major roads going through it and you wouldn't know was there otherwise.

Why are you so obsessed with Birdland anyway? Did you live there?
Lol just type 4050ish E Andy Devine into Google Maps and look West, walla. No I just explored ALL of Kingman and not just my utopian backyard.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:34 PM

8 posts, read 14,697 times
Hi folks,
I couldn't help but jump into this conversation since I live in Golden Valley--I moved here February 2008. For starters, Kingman and Golden Valley are very different communities. My home is in So Hi where a lot of old timers live--people who have lived in the area since the 1980s. When I first moved here from my home town in Hawaii, there were some people claiming that Golden Valley was overrun with "tweakers" and other misfits. I'm retired. For the past nine years, I've met a lot of people in Golden Valley and Kingman; the people in Golden Valley are friendly, considerate, and normal people. The majority of people I know are seniors. They choose to live in Golden Valley because it is a nice place to live. The wildlife here is extraordinarily. Besides the wide variety of hummingbirds and migrating birds, we have woodpeckers, red nape sap suckers, turkey vultures, falcons, roadrunners, owls, etc. not to mention all the other animals (coyotes, badgers, skunks, chipmunks, squirrels, foxes, mountain lions) and reptiles. The moon and sunrises, along with their settings are beautiful too. Because we don't have light pollution from buildings and street lights, stargazing is a great pastime. In the summer the brown bats can be seen flying at dusk catching insects. It's a great place to retire--little to no traffic, and our little town is close to Laughlin, NV (30 miles), and Las Vegas (95miles). The Grand Canyon is literally in our backyard, along with Flagstaff. What's also nice about Kingman and Golden Valley is the Native American, old Frontier and railroad history of the area. When comparing Golden Valley to Kingman, the real difference is the commercial and retail businesses. Kingman has Walmart, Home Depot, Bank of America, Ross, Safeway, pet stores, and a United States Post Office, etc.; whereas, Golden Valley has a handful of small gas and grub stores, a General Dollar Store, a Uhaul, a rock shop, a couple curio/second hand shops, a gun store, and a mail/copy/print shop. Several people I know are artists, amateur photographers, rock collectors, gold prospectors and/or traveling type people--all over 40 yrs. old. Raising children here might not be the best fit because there isn't a well built infrastructure of amenities that support and cater to kids and young adults. Golden Valley has a school and a school bus, but there aren't parks and recreational areas for children. Kingman is essentially the same--it has schools, school buses, a park or two, however, there is very little public transportation. Kingman does support the retired community here with an excellent regional hospital that has several specialized medical facilities. Last but not least, we have very little crime here, and our air quality is very good. Hope my overview and opinions help give a good perspective on what Golden Valley and Kingman have to offer anyone thinking about moving here.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:14 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,944,809 times
^^^ Welcome back! And thanks for jumping right in on a year old thread.

Also paragraphs are your friend, if you hit the return key it will make your endless paragraph readable.

Golden Valley isn't bad - it's where people from Bullhead go to cool off a little.

Old 09-17-2020, 04:27 PM

1 posts, read 567 times
[quote=trujac;48051083]Hi folks,
I couldn't help but jump into this conversation since I live in Golden Valley--I moved here February 2008. For starters, Kingman and Golden Valley are very different communities. My home is in So Hi where a lot of old timers live--people who have lived in the area since the 1980s. When I first moved here from my home town in Hawaii, there were some people claiming that Golden Valley was overrun with "tweakers" and other misfits. I'm retired. For the past nine years, I've met a lot of people in Golden Valley and Kingman; the people in Golden Valley are friendly, considerate, and normal people. The majority of people I know are seniors. They choose to live in Golden Valley because it is a nice place to live. The wildlife here is extraordinarily. Besides the wide variety of hummingbirds and migrating birds, we have woodpeckers, red nape sap suckers, turkey vultures, falcons, roadrunners, owls, etc. not to mention all the other animals (coyotes, badgers, skunks, chipmunks, squirrels, foxes, mountain lions) and reptiles. The moon and sunrises, along with their settings are beautiful too. Because we don't have light pollution from buildings and street lights, stargazing is a great pastime. In the summer the brown bats can be seen flying at dusk catching insects. It's a great place to retire--little to no traffic, and our little town is close to Laughlin, NV (30 miles), and Las Vegas (95miles). The Grand Canyon is literally in our backyard, along with Flagstaff. What's also nice about Kingman and Golden Valley is the Native American, old Frontier and railroad history of the area. When comparing Golden Valley to Kingman, the real difference is the commercial and retail businesses. Kingman has Walmart, Home Depot, Bank of America, Ross, Safeway, pet stores, and a United States Post Office, etc.; whereas, Golden Valley has a handful of small gas and grub stores, a General Dollar Store, a Uhaul, a rock shop, a couple curio/second hand shops, a gun store, and a mail/copy/print shop. Several people I know are artists, amateur photographers, rock collectors, gold prospectors and/or traveling type people--all over 40 yrs. old. Raising children here might not be the best fit because there isn't a well built infrastructure of amenities that support and cater to kids and young adults. Golden Valley has a school and a school bus, but there aren't parks and recreational areas for children. Kingman is essentially the same--it has schools, school buses, a park or two, however, there is very little public transportation. Kingman does support the retired community here with an excellent regional hospital that has several specialized medical facilities. Last but not least, we have very little crime here, and our air quality is very good. Hope my overview and opinions help give a good perspective on what Golden Valley and Kingman have to offer anyone thinking about moving here.[/QUOTE
We are moving to that area So Hi such a beautiful area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona