Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 07:38 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,091,864 times

Advertisements

Well, I know I may have praised this place, but it looks like I have ruined it. It may be because of my favorable posts making so many visit it now. But now it has been drained, so please just stop going there. One video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nRC6OqfaWg

And this one shows how much farther the water level is down now, so please just forget this favorite place of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWH3sbwhTg8

Thank you all.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 09:14 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,949,132 times
Never tell anyone your secrets. There's too many people now and they ruin everything. Like Havassu canyon I used to go there and be the only person at the waterfalls - all afternoon! Now there's like tours with paid chefs cooking for the folks "roughing it" for two grand. Sigh.

And I just read the Grand Canyon is expecting so many people with the low gas prices that visitors should expect hours long waits.

Heck, we tried to visit Yellowstone last summer and there was no place to stay within 100 miles for under $499 a night! I'm gonna start vacationing in... Iowa.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:46 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,431,979 times
Or Yuma in the summer Jamies..... Surely they pay YOU to come over....

Old 03-18-2016, 03:39 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,359,230 times
It was such a pretty spot...what a shame it has been neglected so badly. Seemed like the tribe had a gold mine with the lake and all the cabins that they let fall into disrepair.

Old 03-18-2016, 09:23 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Well, I know I may have praised this place, but it looks like I have ruined it. It may be because of my favorable posts making so many visit it now. But now it has been drained, so please just stop going there. One video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nRC6OqfaWg

And this one shows how much farther the water level is down now, so please just forget this favorite place of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWH3sbwhTg8

Thank you all.
How did you sending people there "ruin" the lake? Surely those folks you sent there weren't the ones to drain it were they? I'm confused as to why you are blaming yourself.

Ken

Old 03-18-2016, 03:06 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,811,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Never tell anyone your secrets. There's too many people now and they ruin everything. Like Havassu canyon I used to go there and be the only person at the waterfalls - all afternoon! Now there's like tours with paid chefs cooking for the folks "roughing it" for two grand. Sigh.

And I just read the Grand Canyon is expecting so many people with the low gas prices that visitors should expect hours long waits.

Heck, we tried to visit Yellowstone last summer and there was no place to stay within 100 miles for under $499 a night! I'm gonna start vacationing in... Iowa.
That's how I feel with Antelope Canyon near Page. I used to go all the time years ago and there would be NO ONE and now everyone is just discovering it, it's so crowded now. Antelope Canyon has always been there, way longer than us... Yet people just now find out about it. When people mention it to me I say how I've been going for years but it's just now getting crowded starting about two years ago... Part of me thinks it's because a lot of people have started using Antelope Canyon for wallpapers (yes, on phones and computers).

Old 03-18-2016, 09:33 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
Or Yuma in the summer Jamies..... Surely they pay YOU to come over....
jamies and I live about 150 miles from Yuma and it's as hot here in the summer. We're NOT a couple either, just CDF friends. lol

Old 03-19-2016, 11:41 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,949,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
jamies and I live about 150 miles from Yuma and it's as hot here in the summer. We're NOT a couple either, just CDF friends. lol
LOL ROFL - Definitely not a couple But yeah, here in Bullhead WE go to Yuma to get out of the heat in the summer.

Actually summer is the other half of our tourist season. People come here to "enjoy" the heat and the river and lakes. Our boating season is just around the corner and lasts until Labor Day.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:48 AM

1,699 posts, read 2,431,979 times
You're not a couple just because you never gave it a chance.....

Old 03-22-2016, 09:54 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,144,428 times
This is part of the reason I don't tell anyone where we go camping/fishing/enjoying the outdoors. I just look to Fossil Creek to see how humanity ruins our outdoor spaces. With the expected population of AZ doubling by 2060...it is just going to get worse as more and more people ruin our beautiful state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona