Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 11:15 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,086,539 times

Advertisements

I live in San Antonio but lived in SoCal plus love the desert southwest. These are my favorite areas of the U.S. to visit regularly. To me, they share characteristics more so other states. So count me as someone that'd you find roaming around the desert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2016, 10:55 AM

36 posts, read 49,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarksn9 View Post
By what measure is California an "f'd" up state?
The politics are a huge example. California re-elected a politician who has publicly invited illegals to move to the state and now they signed a bill making it possible for them to vote in elections. The taxes are insane, the cost of living is beyond laughable especially their housing costs, and so are their enviro-nazi policies. Not to mention that peoples Second Amendment Rights are almost non-existent out there. Then the people, who voted for these insane agendas and policies, flee like roaches to other states and then proceed to implement the same policies/agendas that made them run in the first place, while simultaneously displacing the natives of those states with not caring one single bit about it. A lot of them actually feel entitled to do it just because they have a lot of money and can pay cash for their houses. It happened to Colorado, my home state. I lived it, and I don't want to go through it again.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:41 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,576,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honey11 View Post
Not all Texans carry guns etc....Sounds like alot of stereotyping on Texans...
Not to mention how Arizonans are stereotyped.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:44 AM

40,929 posts, read 48,896,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honey11 View Post
Not all Texans carry guns etc....Sounds like alot of stereotyping on Texans...
So true. We usually don't let anyone under 12 carry a gun.

We usually give them one when they get into middle school.

Old 04-24-2016, 01:44 PM

32,901 posts, read 12,178,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Liberty View Post
The politics are a huge example. California re-elected a politician who has publicly invited illegals to move to the state and now they signed a bill making it possible for them to vote in elections. The taxes are insane, the cost of living is beyond laughable especially their housing costs, and so are their enviro-nazi policies. Not to mention that peoples Second Amendment Rights are almost non-existent out there. Then the people, who voted for these insane agendas and policies, flee like roaches to other states and then proceed to implement the same policies/agendas that made them run in the first place, while simultaneously displacing the natives of those states with not caring one single bit about it. A lot of them actually feel entitled to do it just because they have a lot of money and can pay cash for their houses. It happened to Colorado, my home state. I lived it, and I don't want to go through it again.
IMO, this is a huge generalization. I agree with much of what you wrote about California, but I never cast a vote for what you describe. When I moved to Texas I did pay cash for my house, but not having a mortgage didn't motivate me to move...I already owned my residence in the Bay Area mortgage free. I also didn't want to change anything about Texas. One of the best things about Texas is the people...attitude, general nature, etc. IMO, the people you describe above are people who didn't really want to leave California, but they did so for a particular career opportunity, or because they couldn't afford the lifestyle they want while remaining in California, among other reasons. Because they didn't really want to leave California, they might be more likely to want to change their new location to make it more like California.

Old 04-24-2016, 01:56 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,902,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
IMO, this is a huge generalization. I agree with much of what you wrote about California, but I never cast a vote for what you describe. When I moved to Texas I did pay cash for my house, but not having a mortgage didn't motivate me to move...I already owned my residence in the Bay Area mortgage free. I also didn't want to change anything about Texas. One of the best things about Texas is the people...attitude, general nature, etc. IMO, the people you describe above are people who didn't really want to leave California, but they did so for a particular career opportunity, or because they couldn't afford the lifestyle they want while remaining in California, among other reasons. Because they didn't really want to leave California, they might be more likely to want to change their new location to make it more like California.
I've also noticed a lot of posters remaking that they are afraid of Californians moving here and making it more like California... What do you think has been happening for the last 50 years? If it's not California it's Chicago or Minnesota.

Old 04-24-2016, 03:07 PM

3,397 posts, read 4,574,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Liberty View Post
I agree for the most part. Colorado has gone to the wolves. The left wing lifestyle is a plague to pro-American values, we as a country cannot survive by turning every state into a one party controlled California. There are other countries such as North Korea for that kind of sovereignty and iron fisted government.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:40 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,541,556 times
Left wingers have indeed decimated CA's standard of living which continues to destroy the middle class locally and nationwide and the housing crash of 2008, which was solely the creation of the Democrats, still reverberates statewide and nationwide thanks to our comstose economy from coast to coast with a few exceptions.

The 2015 Christmas shopping was a total disaster as well.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:30 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,917,065 times
TONS of Texans in AZ. I cant drive 10 minutes w/o seeing their plates. I work with 2 ex-Texans in my small place of business.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:19 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,059,000 times
I too, would rather Texans than the Californians that didn't want to move from California. There, I hope that is politically correct enough for your folks. Or did I still make some feel like they need a safe zone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona