Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2017, 07:40 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,495,584 times

Advertisements

I get just less than 20mpg in my '06 Liberty, does that count? Well, at least it's 4WD, and that said, it'll probably get me to many, many more places than a 'Cube'. Hehe.

After all, that's another thing that makes Arizona so terribleâ„¢️. All dem der back-roads and snow in the high country.

teddyearp, the Nissan cube is definitely an acquired taste. I wanted one really bad back in 2014 and we eventually bought a 2011 Kia Soul. It's a really good rig, too. But I gaze upon the Nissan cube on the road every now and then and...dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 02:10 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,965,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
we eventually bought a 2011 Kia Soul. It's a really good rig,
Never, ever, ever, is one allowed to call a Kia Soul a "rig".

Old 09-25-2017, 02:21 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,918,983 times
my wife has one too BC, and she would want to sell it if I ever called it a "rig"!

Old 09-25-2017, 08:22 PM

73 posts, read 93,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Arizona would be one of my least favorite states to move to. I think the concept of "desirability" is fundamentally flawed, but I don't care for long stretches of >100-degree days, endless sprawl, and religious conservative-dominated politics.
How the heck do you even say Arizona is a terrible place? Yes the weather is one, but that is based on the taste of weather and climate. For some people say AZ is terrible just because of that, how about finding jobs, gas prices, those factors are worse than just climate. What if you get stuck in the middle of nowhere, for instance? And second of all, not all of Arizona has that kind of heat, but yes its very true in the desert parts, but in Grand Canyon area, its not so bad.

Yes people say AZ is terrible. But for me I love Arizona because of ASU. And yes, I say AZ is terrible because of the heat, but that's not the main reason why I don't like AZ. I can handle heat waves, but not when its a long episode. The reason for my hatred is the cost of living and being isolated from your real world.

Have you gone to the Inland Empire or Coachella Valley? The heat there is the same as most of Arizona and there are more things to hate there, especially if you don't like to party.

The weather statement that you really hate, IS NOT THE MAIN REASON WHY YOU SHOULD AVOID ARIZONA. THERE ARE PLACES AROUND THE WORLD THAT HAVE THAT SAME WEATHER. PERIOD.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:50 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,495,584 times
Wait a cotton pickin' minute. Explain to me, the owner of the 2011 Kia Soul white base 5-speed, why I can't call my
car a rig. This better be good.

Old 09-27-2017, 08:39 PM

7,043 posts, read 6,293,948 times
I hate to change the subject but have to comment on how gorgeous the sunsets are each night. Beautiful.

But the bugs are terrible so I sure wouldn't want to encourage anyone to move here.

Then there are the coyotes that you can hear at night. Nah, no one should move to this terrible place.

Old 09-28-2017, 03:13 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,725,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I hate to change the subject but have to comment on how gorgeous the sunsets are each night. Beautiful.

But the bugs are terrible so I sure wouldn't want to encourage anyone to move here.

Then there are the coyotes that you can hear at night. Nah, no one should move to this terrible place.
Nice change of direction meo!

Old 09-28-2017, 06:55 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,092,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T64 View Post
So, that being said, I'm thinking a move to the northern part of the state would be best; particularly the north eastern part, near the White Mountains and the Eagar/Springerville area. I have been to the White Mountains many times, and it is gorgeous!
Shhh! The White Mountains are the most terrible part of the state!

Old 09-28-2017, 06:56 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,092,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to meo92953 again"

You're getting it.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:40 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,965,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Wait a cotton pickin' minute. Explain to me, the owner of the 2011 Kia Soul white base 5-speed, why I can't call my
car a rig. This better be good.
Plain and simple... in the automotive world, the word "rig" refers to semi trucks and/or giant pickups. No little compact CUV with a 4 cyl should be called a "rig".

That's like showing up to a Metallica audition with a banjo and calling it your "axe". Some things you just shouldn't do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona