Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Governor Doug Ducey doing a good job so far?
yes 14 37.84%
no 19 51.35%
maybe 4 10.81%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 05:53 PM

38,982 posts, read 50,947,172 times

Advertisements

I've always felt that one of the primary duties of any AZ governor is keeping the wingnuts in the legislature from passing stupid, embarrassing, pointless legislation that ends up costing the state in its image or leading to costly legal battles. Ducey did a reasonably good job of that in his first term - certainly better than the run-amok legislature that we had with Brewer. For the first time in a long time, it was someone else like North Carolina taking the heat instead of Arizona.

We'll have to wait and see. We need to more to reduce business costs and improve our labor force/education. If we address those needs along with putting the social conservatism back in the box, we may once again become attractive to new enterprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 07:22 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,061,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
The economy is doing must better in Arizona since Ducey took office and growth and new buildings are popping up everywhere and he is working hard to attract new business. Ducey has also been very careful not to step in any political potholes that would hurt business growth and is really working hard to address the funding issues for schools. I would give him a solid B so far.
I have not heard of any businesses leaving the state and the outlook for Arizona under his administration looks very bright indeed !!!!!
What new buildings are you speaking of? What is it you think he actually did? He has barely been in office long enough for a new venture to get funding..

Quote:
Are you not aware of proposition 123 which Ducey put on the ballot that will put billions into school funding?

Vote Yes on Prop 123: Home
yesprop123.com/
Let's Vote YES for AZ Schools supports Governor Ducey's K-12 education plan to allow additional and sustainable funding that our schools currently do not ..

What is Prop 123?
Prop 123 is a ballot measure that, if it passes, will settle a years-long lawsuit and put $3.5 billion into Arizona’s K-12 public schools over the next 10 years without raising taxes.

The majority of the $3.5 billion funding comes from Arizona’s state land trust fund, an invested account that earns income annually and has nearly doubled in value over the past five years.

Voting YES on Prop 123…

Injects an additional $3.5 billion into public schools over the next 10 years
Doesn’t raise taxes
Protects future generations of students
Keeps quality teachers in Arizona

Whether this passes or not is up to the voters but I give Gov Ducey an A+ for trying to address the school problems.
Ill repeat it like every one else has, He screwed the future kids to give tax breaks to himself and his friends now. He's a crook, its just like the scam he pulled with his ice cream business.

Quote:
Some would say trying to put billions of dollars into the education fund is following the law and the will of the voters, he inherited this problem from Democrat janet Napolitano the very liberal exgovernor of this state and is trying very hard to clean up her mess.
No, he's trying to put a blanket over the problem, and claim the egg is not broken. Then why while you were getting a paper towel, he went and stole some eggs out of the carton...

In other words.. NO, he's not putting billions of dollars into education, he stole MILLIONS of dollars from education and kids so that he could give it back to businesses. This PROP123 is all smoke and mirrors, hiding that he not just pushed back a problem, but exacerbated it by stealing from future funding.

Also, B,B,B Billions???? its quite obvious how biased you are.
Quote:
http://yesprop123.com/

So what am I missing? The teachers all seem to be behind the Ducey proposed prop123 bill?

and the experts are saying we will have steady growth under Gov Ducey

Experts predict steady growth for Arizona economy | AZ Big Media

Experts predict steady growth for Arizona economy
You really believe that's EVERY teacher's opinion?

Quote:
I know there seems to be opposition to it but the teachers are all in for it so who do you listen to the teachers or the others?

Pros and cons of Prop 123
Are for it, as in, he stole their future funding, and is now offering them little or nothing.

Gov Ducey needs to be given credit for making a genuine effort to deal with the school funding issue and if the voters vote down prop 123 then I am sure he will come up with another solution.
WTF??? GOV DUCEY JUST CREATED A SCHOOL FUNDING PROBLEM. Or are you going to wait 10 years before you consider this a problem?

Quote:
Sorry Montini is a liberal Az Republic newspaper hack and I will not even read anything he writes at the Az Republic which has become a left wing rag.
I picture you with your fingers in your ears, and yelling, "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah"

Quote:
If that is the case then prop123 is good because it gets government out of education,everything gets worse when it is controlled by the government look at obamacare for example. I would love to see a privately run school system everyone knows that private catholic schools for example give a much better education than public schools. Go Ducey
No, only sex ed.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:02 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,905,504 times
There's a lawsuit filed over Prop 123 for misleading ads and the 400k pamphlets that weren't mailed.

I hope it succeeds, I can't believe people fell for this scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona