Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 07:00 PM

2,806 posts, read 3,178,395 times

Advertisements

Aren't the AZMerit tests all new and not comparable to the older ones?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 05:19 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,093,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Rookie View Post
This is very relevant.

My mentions here have zero to do with vendetta and everything to do with an unwavering attempt not to let it happen in AZ (my soon-to-be new home). Your not caring about CA isn't really relevant... If you DO care about AZ, then what has gone wrong in CA should be of concern (to those that appreciate what AZ is and those that don't want it to fail).

Whether you ignore or pretend it can't happen in AZ is up to you. But I will do my part to give experienced warning about what happens when certain things are ignored. You have a right to be pretentious and act like AZ is immune from what has happened in CA - but I know there are astute Arizonans that aren't so naive.

Interestingly, your comment about CA residents having an inflated sense of self importance - is how you come across to me. I find it odd that my concern for AZ is perceived as self importance to you. Your refusal to accept is very telling though.

Thankfully, you are not the norm - from what I've experienced in AZ... You and Firebird would fit in perfectly in CA... There are plenty of transplants worth the trade.

The reason AZ is attractive to the many of us that move there - is because it has not turned into the cesspool that CA has... You may not care now, but that lack of concern is what has ruined some other states. Many of us won't sit idle while a few of you pretend nothing bad can happen.
My name is teddyearp and I support this message.

I remember when the CA lottery hit the ballot there. Its primary objective was supposed to be to give the schools more money. I voted against it, but it passed. You would think that even with the milllions+ that the lottery takes in and should have added over and above local property taxes that the schools would be flush with bucks. But they still scream for more. I think we need to take a closer look at how and where the $$ are being spent before we blindly throw more $$ at the problem, here in AZ, in CA, in all of the states.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:37 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential_Landlord View Post
Aren't the AZMerit tests all new and not comparable to the older ones?

I don't think they can be compared directly to AIMS test results.

It's interesting to see that even in one of the districts considered a very good one, the results at the various schools and the various grades/tests were all over the map, with most pass rates in the 55-59% range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona