Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 09:34 PM

15 posts, read 17,258 times

Advertisements

Okay thank you we will have to come visit. I want to bring my kids to see if they would like it out there. Yes we are starting over from scratch: so new homes with a pool in the back yard and new job no transferring just wen we moved down we both will be looking for a job. Thank you everyone. Which city would be best to moved to with young children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 02:55 PM

32 posts, read 50,185 times
Default Arizona is growing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I don't think you know what hot weather truly is.

Ever stepped into a 200-degree car? Handles and seats so hot that you literally cant touch them? Pavement so hot that you can get burned from it? Heat so intense that it drives everyone indoors? A Phoenix summer is a strange one... streets are quiet, playgrounds are empty, skateparks abandoned... the only things youll hear are people in the pools and the hum of a/c units.

Make no joke about it, the heat kills people here every year, without fail. Most of the victims are people like yourself who think they can handle it, then their bodies shut down. Its not a laughing matter in the slightest sense.
Wow...way to discourage people from coming to Arizona! All one needs to do is LEARN how to live in the desert. Be sure to know your own tolerance level for heat and sun exposure. ALWAYS have water with you in the summer. Keep water in your vehicle at all times (in case of break down). Learn about the flora and fauna to some degree BEFORE you go hiking. Be prepared! It's the people that think they know everything that end up putting themselves in the situation where they either end up in the hospital or dead. If you have pets there are other things you need to know. If you can't walk barefoot on it...you should never make your dog walk barefoot on it! Brachycephalic dogs (Pugs, English Bulldogs, etc.) take far longer to recover from the heat than any other type of dog, precisely because they are brachycephalic.

The summer is only a few months! The rest of the year is why people live here! I've been in AZ since 1983. It took me a while to learn to love this state, having come from the midwest with it's lush foliage. While very different from many places, we are growing every year! Next year, 2017, is expected to place us in the top two for growth in the country. There's a reason for that!

I, for one, love Arizona!

Old 01-01-2017, 01:10 PM

Okay what city do you prefer for a family of four? We do have a pet he is a pitbull and I have two children that are 6 and 7 and they loves to be outside and go swimming

Old 01-02-2017, 02:40 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,946,301 times
Pit Bulls are banned from almost every apartment complex in Arizona.

Old 01-03-2017, 05:53 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanisha26 View Post
Okay what city do you prefer for a family of four? We do have a pet he is a pitbull and I have two children that are 6 and 7 and they loves to be outside and go swimming
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Pit Bulls are banned from almost every apartment complex in Arizona.

It can be very difficult to find apartments that will allow pit bulls. I don't believe in breed restrictions, but they are out there. You will have better luck finding a home to rent than an apartment.

You need to go where the most jobs are, which would be the metropolitan Phoenix area, followed by Tucson.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:35 PM

okay I will be looking for a house I have been looking on Craigslist is there any other website for rent if not we are willing to buy a 4 bedroom house and a basement and hopefully a pool.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:57 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,724,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanisha26 View Post
okay I will be looking for a house I have been looking on Craigslist is there any other website for rent if not we are willing to buy a 4 bedroom house and a basement and hopefully a pool.
Lanisha, not sure what your budget is but basements are not common out here and they come with a premium price tag. When are you scheduled to visit?

Old 01-07-2017, 11:53 AM

Okay then we can go for a 4 bedroom house with a pool our plans to come visit is this year but don't really know what month

Old 01-07-2017, 12:50 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,716,074 times
Winslow has among the highest black populations in the state by percentage.The prison is the big employer and many of that background are CO's. Good schools there too

Old 02-12-2017, 02:35 PM

Ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona