Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Prop 205 to Legalize Recreational Marijuana in Arizona
I vote YES. 84 66.14%
I vote NO. 37 29.13%
Undecided / No Opinion 6 4.72%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 03:55 PM

9,195 posts, read 16,636,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
THC + alcohol = HIGH DUI risk

This is the one, combined with young, inexperienced drivers, that I would be fearful of if I lived in a state that embraces marijuana sales and legalization for their masses. Dumber than a bag of old, rusty doornails to embrace this upon the people. Drive with both hands and arms and your brain fully engaged, people. Don't drive high & drunk, ever. If you use medical mary jane, good for you. Don't mix it with a truckload of booze and then drive. Sounds so simple, doesn't it? Ya think it'll work out that way?

I sincerely hope none of you ever have the misfortune of experiencing a tragic car accident.
This argument is dumber than a bag old rusty somethings, that's for sure. Not one person has said that marijuana and alcohol make for a safe driver. WHAT IS YOUR POINT? This discussion needs facts, not fear-based nonsense.

Old 11-04-2016, 03:59 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,490,111 times
Yes, let's legalize all the drugs we can and then get under the influence of at least two of them at once. Then head out on to PHX highways, turn up the AC/DC and play bumper cars. You can't place a value on that kind of really, really smart thinking.

Let me guess, all you pro-pot people out there, you choose to do the slow fade in front of other drivers whenever you want, don't you, without signaling your intention to change lanes? Kindness and consideration have sailed to a faraway place these days.

Better go take another toke, guys, and fire some more propellants at us. That'll fix things fast. Don't signal when changing lanes, now. Wouldn't want ta break from your smart, smart thinking patterns.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Yes, let's legalize all the drugs we can and then get under the influence of at least two of them at once. Then head out on to PHX highways, turn up the AC/DC and play bumper cars. You can't place a value on that kind of really, really smart thinking.

Let me guess, all you pro-pot people out there, you choose to do the slow fade in front of other drivers whenever you want, don't you, without signaling your intention to change lanes? Kindness and consideration have sailed to a faraway place these days.

Better go take another toke, guys, and fire some more propellants at us. That'll fix things fast. Don't signal when changing lanes, now. Wouldn't want ta break from your smart, smart thinking patterns.
Are you having a conversation with yourself? You seem to be the only one talking about advocating impaired driving. That's not part of this proposition whatsoever. Might want to stick to BFE Missouri if this concept is too tough to grasp.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:03 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,490,111 times
This argument is dumber than a bag old rusty somethings, that's for sure. Not one person has said that marijuana and alcohol make for a safe driver. WHAT IS YOUR POINT? This discussion needs facts, not fear-based nonsense.

Open up the sales barriers to all kinds of drugs, get fried and then fire up your Camaro's and Stang's, supercilious ones and drive. That'll fix your thinking for a lifetime.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:

Open up the sales barriers to all kinds of drugs, get fried and then fire up your Camaro's and Stang's, supercilious ones and drive. That'll fix your thinking for a lifetime.
So legalizing it will cause people to drive Mustangs and Camaros intoxicated, more so than they already do? Based on what facts?

Here's some news that must have not yet reached the fly-over states - anyone that wants to smoke weed now can do so very easily. People don't abstain because it's illegal. Pot use is very common, even where it's illegal. Your argument simply has no truth to it.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:51 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeant79 View Post
Been away from this thread for a few days, but I'm amazed that I'm still seeing multiple posts where marijuana legalization is being misinterpreted as impaired driving legalization. That's a huge leap, and these things are not one and the same. I haven't seen one person here advocate legalization of impaired driving.
Let me ask these two little questions, do we have a concrete way of testing for THC impairment? Do we have concrete levels that lay out when you are impaired?

The answer as far as I know is nope, not yet but feel free to enlighten me if I'm wrong. Taking that as a given, is everyone willing to go with ANY THC detected is considered impaired until such a time as we can figure this out?

Old 11-04-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Let me ask these two little questions, do we have a concrete way of testing for THC impairment? Do we have concrete levels that lay out when you are impaired?

The answer as far as I know is nope, not yet but feel free to enlighten me if I'm wrong. Taking that as a given, is everyone willing to go with ANY THC detected is considered impaired until such a time as we can figure this out?
No, no, and of course not as THC may remain present for a month after someone is actually high. It's a valid need that we have but one that has absolutely nothing to do with this proposition. People already have access to marijuana. What does your concern about testing for driver impairment have to do with this proposition?

Old 11-04-2016, 05:06 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,722,873 times
Quote:

Dude, you are soooooooo high.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:09 PM

445 posts, read 515,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Of course we don't. Just about everyone who is pro-legalization has acknowledged that this is something we need to figure out (including me). But while you're correct to point out that we need reliable on-the-spot impairment testing, how is that different than the situation we're in now while marijuana is illegal?

Today, there are plenty of people who drive while high that shouldn't and the legal system struggles with it because we don't have a concrete way to test for impairment. If marijuana were to become legal, there would continue to be plenty of people who drive high that shouldn't while the legal system struggles with it because we don't have a concrete way to test for impairment. That's a tie in my mind.

The only difference is that currently with marijuana prohibition, thousands are incarcerated, lives are ruined, and money is blown arresting, prosecuting, and incarcerating non-violent marijuana offenders, all while diverting resources from enforcement and prosecution of crimes with actual victims. Those last parts would no longer occur if 205 passes. If you have a tie when it comes to impairment testing but all these benefits to legalization besides that one issue, why wouldn't we want to move forward with legalization while that one issue is worked out?

Old 11-04-2016, 07:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,999,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeant79 View Post
Of course we don't. Just about everyone who is pro-legalization has acknowledged that this is something we need to figure out (including me). But while you're correct to point out that we need reliable on-the-spot impairment testing, how is that different than the situation we're in now while marijuana is illegal?

Today, there are plenty of people who drive while high that shouldn't and the legal system struggles with it because we don't have a concrete way to test for impairment. If marijuana were to become legal, there would continue to be plenty of people who drive high that shouldn't while the legal system struggles with it because we don't have a concrete way to test for impairment. That's a tie in my mind.

The only difference is that currently with marijuana prohibition, thousands are incarcerated, lives are ruined, and money is blown arresting, prosecuting, and incarcerating non-violent marijuana offenders, all while diverting resources from enforcement and prosecution of crimes with actual victims. Those last parts would no longer occur if 205 passes. If you have a tie when it comes to impairment testing but all these benefits to legalization besides that one issue, why wouldn't we want to move forward with legalization while that one issue is worked out?
Because you're opening the door for even more people to use/drive without any consequences. Why can't we decriminalize UNTIL a solution is found for the various issues with pot? Why does it have to be ALL or nothing?
BTW, when it comes to public safety a tie should err in favor of the public safety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona