Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Prop 205 to Legalize Recreational Marijuana in Arizona
I vote YES. 84 66.14%
I vote NO. 37 29.13%
Undecided / No Opinion 6 4.72%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 08:17 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,487,028 times

Advertisements

My main concern is the driving while high. Are there any established studies, baselines etc. like we have for alcohol?

This is one huge reason that perhaps Mary Jane shan't be legalized - some people don't drive very well with it. There's been reports of people driving slow...nothing I've seen published - just from talking to people and such. But, if driving is impaired in any way I don't think it's good ta be mass selling it and legalizing it.

Look at how crappy people drive with just their own selves bothering them in their cars? Know what I mean?

Old 10-08-2016, 02:50 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,952,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
My main concern is the driving while high. Are there any established studies, baselines etc. like we have for alcohol?

This is one huge reason that perhaps Mary Jane shan't be legalized - some people don't drive very well with it. There's been reports of people driving slow...nothing I've seen published - just from talking to people and such. But, if driving is impaired in any way I don't think it's good ta be mass selling it and legalizing it.

Look at how crappy people drive with just their own selves bothering them in their cars? Know what I mean?
No

The problem is that it can stay in your system a month after using. You can potentially be charged with a DUI a month after you use, that's not right.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:39 PM

No

The problem is that it can stay in your system a month after using. You can potentially be charged with a DUI a month after you use, that's not right.

With all of the distracted driving going on today this is so brain-dead to allow all these potheads to toke it up while driving - I can't even believe it. Dumb and dumber.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
No

With all of the distracted driving going on today this is so brain-dead to allow all these potheads to toke it up while driving - I can't even believe it. Dumb and dumber.
Toke it up while driving? This is some brain dead reading comprehension on your part.

I'll try to make it easy.
A drug test will reveal marijuana in your system up to a month after use, you can get a DUI when you aren't impaired.

So driving, not while toking, but a month after toking, will show up on a drug test. Clear?

What we need to study is how to properly assess MJ for drug testing. The current system isn't fair.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:50 PM

And what I don't understand about your thinking is this: do you want ta be plowed in to by someone who's been over-toking and perhaps Budweiser'n it up a bit too? The scientists don't totally know how pot affects driving! Done deal. It's stupid ta allow it. Shows a big lack of intelligence in not only the politicians but also the layman pot-smokers on the street, that it does.

I don't care how long it stays in one's system! That makes things even worse for everyone.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:51 PM

Quote:
And what I don't understand about your thinking is this: do you want ta be plowed in to by someone who's been over-toking and perhaps Budweiser'n it up a bit too? The scientists don't totally know how pot affects driving! Done deal. It's stupid ta allow it. Shows a big lack of intelligence in not only the politicians but also the layman pot-smokers on the street, that it does.
Huh? Lack of intelligence you say.

We need to study the plant. We already have a system for alcohol.

We need to define intoxicated for marijuana because the current system will flag people who aren't impaired.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:53 PM

Toke it up, pal. Your brain is shut ta rational thinking and I'm not in charge of your brain. And for that I'm very, very, very glad.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Toke it up, pal. Your brain is shut ta rational thinking and I'm not in charge of your brain. And for that I'm very, very, very glad.
Judging by the quality of your posts I'm glad too

I don't think I'd survive with your skills leading the way.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:58 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Toke it up while driving? This is some brain dead reading comprehension on your part.

I'll try to make it easy.
A drug test will reveal marijuana in your system up to a month after use, you can get a DUI when you aren't impaired.

So driving, not while toking, but a month after toking, will show up on a drug test. Clear?

What we need to study is how to properly assess MJ for drug testing. The current system isn't fair.
Quote:

I don't care how long it stays in one's system! That makes things even worse for everyone.
Elko,

Do you think that if someones uses cannabis on October 1st that they are still intoxicated on October 31st?

Based on your post, it seems like that is what you believe.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:23 PM

Elko,

Do you think that if someones uses cannabis on October 1st that they are still intoxicated on October 31st?

Based on your post, it seems like that is what you believe.

Oh well. If you're dumb enough ta smoke it it's your loss. And mistake. And dumb luck. And chance. I just don't feel like playing bumper cars on the road with all you dorks high on pot and alcohol at the same time. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona