Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 06:54 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,356,008 times

Advertisements

There is no gun registration in AZ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 07:46 AM

160 posts, read 374,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
There is no gun registration in AZ.
That is correct, one of the many reasons I love living here:

“ A political subdivision of this state shall not require the licensing or registration of firearms or ammunition or any firearm or ammunition components or related accessories or prohibit the ownership, purchase, sale or transfer of firearms or ammunition or any firearm or ammunition components, or related accessories.”

Format Document

Old 05-25-2012, 07:24 PM

2 posts, read 4,883 times
If I did buy a gun from a private dealer would I just need a bill of sale?

Old 05-27-2012, 06:16 PM

710 posts, read 3,392,140 times
Up to the seller what he wants for his records, but all he need legally do is not knowingly sell to a prohibited possessor, and if he's selling a handgun, verify that the buyer is an AZ resident.

Some sellers prefer a bill of sale, some will also want to see/copy your AZ license, and some do neither. Up to you and his comfort levels. Bill of sale, most people are fine with. Leaving a copy of your license - dunno 'bout that one.

PS - Private dealer is a misnomer. Either you buy from a dealer, or a private seller. ATF frowns on folks who 'deal' in firearms if they are not licensed.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Anyone who'd buy or sell a firearm (private party) would be a fool to not get at least a bill of sale signed by both seller and buyer. When buying private party you've no idea what the history of the firearm is and if it was ever used to commit a crime unless you can prove you didn't own it you could be in for some really expensive legal bills. As for selling, I sold a pistol to a friend once. About a year later I got a visit from some detectives. He'd gotten busted carrying the pistol but it was registered to me and they wanted to know what the deal was and was it legally his or stolen.
What if he'd shot someone and all they did was find the gun? Without a copy of a receipt showing I sold it, well.....

Old 05-28-2012, 07:31 PM

2 posts, read 4,883 times
Alright thanks guys

Old 05-29-2012, 12:28 AM

6 posts, read 10,803 times
does anyone have links pertaining to purchasing a firearm (particularly a handgun) thru a third person party?

Old 08-12-2012, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,214 times
So I just turned 18 and I want to get a hand gun?? What do I need? Can someone help me with this

Old 08-13-2012, 11:28 AM

53 posts, read 97,179 times
First of all, I am not a gun lover. I'm actually a gun hater, but I'm NOT here to judge or argue.

I am moving from Oregon to Arizona in about 6 months.

I am going from a state that ranks 30th out of 50 for loose gun laws to Arizona, that ranks 1st...I'm a little nervous about that.

I was in the dark about Arizona's loose gun laws, probably because I don't particularly pay any attention to gun news. It's not going to stop me from moving there, but after reading this thread, I was hoping to get a little clarification just so I can prepare myself and my family for what we might see in Arizona.

Here, where I currently live, I never see anybody but cops with guns. Ever. I'm not even familiar with Oregon's gun laws, so I suppose, for all I know, a lot of people could be walking around with concealed guns and I don't even know it, but I doubt it because I'm pretty sure Oregon's a little too left for that.

Anyway, what I'm wondering after reading this thread is, will visible guns be a regular sighting for me and my family when we're out and about (say strolling downtown, sitting in the park, going to the movies, grocery shopping, etc.)?

OR

I read somewhere that concealed rights are even more lenient in AZ now, so even if guns are not visible by a lot of people, would I be right in suspecting that several people around me in those types of locations would be carrying concealed guns?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound as if I'm freaking out about this, or I'm going to be looking at everyone thinking "Is he carrying?", "Is he?", "Is she?"....but I do want to understand, I don't want to be naive, and if visible guns are going to be something I should expect my son to see on a regular or semi-regular basis, then I want to know so I can 'prepare' him for it. I would hate for him to be caught by surprise by somebody standing in front of him at a store and bam, there's a gun right in front of him on some guy's hip.

Also, did I read right that assault rifles are allowed just as much as handguns???? That seems CRAZY to me, but again, just want to be prepared.

Thanks.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:00 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie99 View Post
Anyway, what I'm wondering after reading this thread is, will visible guns be a regular sighting for me and my family when we're out and about (say strolling downtown, sitting in the park, going to the movies, grocery shopping, etc.)?

OR

I read somewhere that concealed rights are even more lenient in AZ now, so even if guns are not visible by a lot of people, would I be right in suspecting that several people around me in those types of locations would be carrying concealed guns?
I can't say it's a regular thing, and some stores prohibit firearms on their premises. But I have occasionally seen people openly carrying at Half Price Books and other places in the Phoenix metro area.

Yes, a lot of people have concealed carry permits and carry as a matter of course - moreso than open carry. I've never been concerned about this. Thugs, criminals, crazies, and riffraff don't abide by any laws anyway, particularly gun laws, so why be concerned about normal people?

Last edited by Kimballette; 08-13-2012 at 01:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona