Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2011, 10:33 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times

Advertisements

Grand Canyon SkyWalk

Close-up View
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 10:21 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times
I love the scale in that first photo .... just looking at it kicks in my fear of heights and makes me nervous in my chair ......

Old 03-26-2011, 08:39 AM

467 posts, read 1,190,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
I love the scale in that first photo .... just looking at it kicks in my fear of heights and makes me nervous in my chair ......
LOL...just wait until you walk out on the sucker. The walk way off the edge is all glass that is design to monitor changes in the direction of the weight and wind...very state of the art stuff.

But when you take your first step off the edge, you think that this glass is about 1/4" thick. I have pictures taken through that glass...somewhere.

Again Kdog brings outstanding photos to the table...wow.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:53 PM

yeah - I think that would be pretty nerve racking ..... they have a glass floor in the CN Tower in Canada that I mustered up some courage to stand on and peer through (of course everyone always jumps on those things)

my first time to the canyon was with my aunt & uncle when visiting from NY - i was in maybe 5th grade .....we went out and sat near the edge - not a dramatic straight drop, but enough to make me not want to move once I got to the edge ......... kind of like climbing a tree, going up is the easy part - once you take a minute to see the situation you got yourself into is when the nerves start

Old 03-29-2011, 10:09 AM

467 posts, read 1,190,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
yeah - I think that would be pretty nerve racking ..... they have a glass floor in the CN Tower in Canada that I mustered up some courage to stand on and peer through (of course everyone always jumps on those things)

my first time to the canyon was with my aunt & uncle when visiting from NY - i was in maybe 5th grade .....we went out and sat near the edge - not a dramatic straight drop, but enough to make me not want to move once I got to the edge ......... kind of like climbing a tree, going up is the easy part - once you take a minute to see the situation you got yourself into is when the nerves start
I read an article several years ago in an Arizona newspaper that more people are killed at the Grand Canyon every year from slipping off the edge, because they probably thought the had good balance or a good footing. However, those individuals we not available to comment on their actions afterward.

As for people jumping on the glass...what are people thinking/ Are they trying to test the integrity of the product? Those are the same people that do building jumping from roof top to roof top, or the kid that wants to stick the butter knife in the wall outlet. Yes, I know they are kids. But what do you think about those parent that standing about 6 feet away from little Johnny as he's jumping up and down on that glass?

They are probably too busy, talking on the cell phone, or looking around not really concern about the well being of their child. You know, it's the same parents that say..."Listen buddy, mind your own frinken business, I'll raise my child the way I want him raised and not by you...thanks, so get out of my face you....!"

That goes more along the line of the...dilution of the stupid people from the gene pool! If it was me, and the parents did care about their child, I would probably start cheering the little kid on and ask him...how high can you jump? Maybe the parents will wake up!

Old 03-29-2011, 11:37 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,576,051 times

Flat Iron peak - Superstition Mountains

Sorry I put the whole copyright thing over it, I just didn't want anyone taking the picture and claiming it as their own.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:02 PM

932 posts, read 1,963,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic View Post

Flat Iron peak - Superstition Mountains

Sorry I put the whole copyright thing over it, I just didn't want anyone taking the picture and claiming it as their own.
I can see why you put the copyright there. That's a great photo!!

Old 04-07-2011, 03:00 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,252,297 times
Kayaking and sail Kayaking around Lake Havasu

Lake Havasu House

Old 04-07-2011, 03:10 PM

looks like fun!

love the photo with the sail kayak beached with the dog in the water

Old 04-29-2011, 06:36 PM

396 posts, read 925,740 times
I like the Scottsdale pictures.. looks like a desert version of LA.

For some reason, Phoenix looks like it has less foot traffic than Scottsdale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona