Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 09:45 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,647,434 times

Advertisements

I thought this might be of interest to some people, at some point. I happened to just hear about this organization called Mission of Mercy, apparently for free health care for people in dire straits.

Free Healthcare and Free Prescription Medication - Arizona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2017, 08:56 AM

4,054 posts, read 5,065,020 times
Or you can apply for AHCCCS: https://des.az.gov/services/basic-ne...alth-insurance

Old 01-11-2017, 07:25 AM

2,653 posts, read 3,009,786 times
Obamacare and medicaid are the safety nets for poor. Why is he/she not applying for one or the other?

Old 01-11-2017, 06:59 PM

1,013 posts, read 966,435 times
If you qualify, ahcccs provides great benefits.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:22 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,344,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
Obamacare and medicaid are the safety nets for poor. Why is he/she not applying for one or the other?
It's unfortunate that it took 3 years for Gov. Brewer to actually cause her legislature to embrace ACA expansions for the Poor! So I'd bet many poor have no idea they even have such access now.

Arizona Medicaid Expansion Advances After Jan Brewer Forces Lawmakers' Hands | The Huffington Post
Guess who bristled against Jan Brewer's push?? Yes, Republican legislature representatives!!

Quote:
Republican legislative leaders and conservative lawmakers have bristled at Brewer’s embrace of the expansion, a key component of Obamacare, and objected to her calling a special session when the legislature was scheduled to reconvene later in the week anyway.
https://www.healthinsurance.org/arizona-medicaid/

https://www.healthinsurance.org/asse...-expansion.png

Also included below in link ~~

Quote:
Will Medicaid expansion continue in Arizona?

The election of Donald Trump to the Presidency, and the retained Republican majorities in the U.S. Congress, mean that the future of the ACA is very much in jeopardy. The current terms that govern Medicaid expansion could be altered significantly during the repeal and replace process that’s likely to play out over the coming years.

But Medicaid expansion in Arizona is also facing a renewed challenge within the state.*On February 14, 2017, the Arizona Court of Appeals will hear a case challenging whether the state’s assessment on hospitals ($265 million a year, used to fund the state’s portion of Medicaid expansion costs) is legal.
I guess there are grounds for fears being spoken about! THE sense of Losing something that makes a huge difference in their lives and I don't blame them!!

Old 01-11-2017, 08:32 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,647,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
AHCCCS is widely known. My point was to mention an option that I think is less known.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:30 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,208,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougStark View Post
There are people who don't qualify for Medicaid. They earn "too much" to meet their standards hence the reason we need resources like the one the OP mentioned.

Old 01-12-2017, 12:19 AM

924 posts, read 744,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDog View Post
If you qualify, ahcccs provides great benefits.
I'm not so sure I agree with that.....granted, it's been a few years since I was on AHCCCS, but I remember there being a few things which they would only cover if you were under 21. (Dental care being one of those services)

Old 01-12-2017, 08:25 AM

1,013 posts, read 966,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane de Poitiers View Post
I'm not so sure I agree with that.....granted, it's been a few years since I was on AHCCCS, but I remember there being a few things which they would only cover if you were under 21. (Dental care being one of those services)
I wouldn't expect "medical" insurance to cover "dental". Very few do. The medical aspect is very good.

Old 01-12-2017, 11:28 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,938,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post

I guess there are grounds for fears being spoken about! THE sense of Losing something that makes a huge difference in their lives and I don't blame them!!
The democrats have been spending tons of cash to pump up those unfounded fears. Makes you wonder who is paying for all those pro-ACA commercials playing 24/7 on TV.

What they should fear is 2 people in a household making the new minimum wage would put them above the federal poverty level and zap some benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: