Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of a Disney type park in AZ
yes yes yes 55 49.11%
no 41 36.61%
maybe 16 14.29%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 09:09 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,242,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
And they aren't. Again, read above. The only financial agreement of any form is a sales tax "rebate" - not incentive - to cover the non directly related to the resort public improvements - for example they will be building at least one, and probably two freeway interchanges IN ADVANCE of opening. These interchanges obviously will be needed for the resort to open and service their clientele effectively - but they will not be "private or exclusive" roads - people will be able to use these improvements to get elsewhere in the city. There are other examples.

ONLY after the initial resort opens and starts generating revenue, will the city rebate a portion of collected sales tax to cover the improvements above as described. The total improvements projected will cost 300 million and the city will allow a rebate of UP TO 120 million within 20 years. If their revenues fall short they will not get all of that share rebated.
It hasn't even opened up yet! Let's see 5 years after they open, where they are at financially. I know the agreements, they can still decide to ask for handouts down the road, nobody knows what will happen, I don't, you don't, let's see how it plays out. Good thing these threads are saved for indefinitely and I will be the first to admit, if I'm wrong, and the park survives and does well and they don't look for money in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 11:56 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,320,424 times
Up for some light reading?

https://destinyhosted.com/casagdocs/...20exhibits.pdf

This document was part of the presentation to the CG Planning commission tonight to request some General Plan Amendments. The GPA's are only heard once a year so they had to discuss a lot of future plans tonight or wait another year to bring them up. The main reason for the request is due to the fact that a major 6 lane road will be required to improve traffic circulation - which will obviously lend itself better to more commercial/tourism related uses since it will be bordering I-10 than the current zoning for most of the areas of residential neighborhoods. Plus by getting the zone change they eliminate any future complaints from nearby residents since there won't be any.

I post this link for interested folks for a few reasons:

1. To indicate that these folks really DO have some major plans in play here. They already own (or have contracted rights to own) all of this land and much more from the discussions in this document - even beyond what they are asking for zoning changes for now. Pretty much all of the I 10 and I 8 frontage for several miles in either direction.

I am NOT saying this will all be developed tomorrow - but they DO still say in this document INITIAL phases will be open by Q2 2020 - but remember their original announcement said they were comparing this to how Orlando developed into a resort "district" - if these land holdings are any indication - they plan to live up to that billing. This document indicates a 2030 buildout with 25 million visitors annually at that point.

2. To indicate that these guys are not some fly by night operation - just THIS document shows the level of planning and forethought that they have gone through to this point - not to mention quietly getting the rights to all of this land from several owners.

I am sure with all of this planning they haven't even considered it gets hot though!! LOL

The more I see and talk to these guys the more I think this is the real thing.

Last edited by sh9730; 10-13-2017 at 12:04 AM..

Old 01-02-2018, 12:30 PM

472 posts, read 660,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
Up for some light reading?

https://destinyhosted.com/casagdocs/...20exhibits.pdf

This document was part of the presentation to the CG Planning commission tonight to request some General Plan Amendments. The GPA's are only heard once a year so they had to discuss a lot of future plans tonight or wait another year to bring them up. The main reason for the request is due to the fact that a major 6 lane road will be required to improve traffic circulation - which will obviously lend itself better to more commercial/tourism related uses since it will be bordering I-10 than the current zoning for most of the areas of residential neighborhoods. Plus by getting the zone change they eliminate any future complaints from nearby residents since there won't be any.

I post this link for interested folks for a few reasons:

1. To indicate that these folks really DO have some major plans in play here. They already own (or have contracted rights to own) all of this land and much more from the discussions in this document - even beyond what they are asking for zoning changes for now. Pretty much all of the I 10 and I 8 frontage for several miles in either direction.

I am NOT saying this will all be developed tomorrow - but they DO still say in this document INITIAL phases will be open by Q2 2020 - but remember their original announcement said they were comparing this to how Orlando developed into a resort "district" - if these land holdings are any indication - they plan to live up to that billing. This document indicates a 2030 buildout with 25 million visitors annually at that point.

2. To indicate that these guys are not some fly by night operation - just THIS document shows the level of planning and forethought that they have gone through to this point - not to mention quietly getting the rights to all of this land from several owners.

I am sure with all of this planning they haven't even considered it gets hot though!! LOL

The more I see and talk to these guys the more I think this is the real thing.
Interesting. Could be another Las Vegas on highland AZ.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:42 PM

635 posts, read 774,656 times
glad I don't travel that way much or live anywhere near it. that park should be a blast when it is 114 outside.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:21 AM

1,551 posts, read 3,627,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapie9969 View Post
glad I don't travel that way much or live anywhere near it. that park should be a blast when it is 114 outside.
There are plenty of ways mitigate the heat issue. Covered waiting areas, misters while your waiting in lines and I'm sure there will be MANY water related rides, not to mention consessions seling water for $5.00 a bottle. Just look at the water parks around the valley. They are packed during the summer.

Old 01-17-2018, 10:00 PM

44,549 posts, read 61,257,045 times
This new waterpark scheduled to open 2019 for Scottsdale area may blow this Casa Grande project out of the water for convenience.
New water park & resort set to open in Arizona next year - Arizona's Family

Old 01-18-2018, 01:32 AM

1,707 posts, read 4,320,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
This new waterpark scheduled to open 2019 for Scottsdale area may blow this Casa Grande project out of the water for convenience.
New water park & resort set to open in Arizona next year - Arizona's Family
Apparently they aren't worried - per sources I have that have spoken with the principals since this announcement came out.

Different demographic and A LOT more to Dreamport than just the water park feature.

Though yes - the LOCAL component will likely be split somewhat for that one amenity.

And it is pretty clear the Salt River Pima is trying to become at least a locals spot for leisure/entertainment.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:39 AM

8,522 posts, read 10,044,926 times
Dreamport Villages: Massive amusement park slated for Casa Grande finalizing 'any day now'

Quote:
CASA GRANDE, AZ — It is supposed to be Arizona's big chance to host a major amusement park. Our own Disneyland in the desert where I-10 and I-8 meet in Casa Grande. That was two years ago.
Quote:
The big hold up is the big price tag, which could soar as high as $4 billion. Segall says he is working with investors daily to ease concerns, secure funding and finally get shovels in the ground.
Quote:
"As much as we want to move it forward all of these groups are just as interested, they're very anxious to get started," said Segall.
https://www.abc15.com/news/region-ce...ng-any-day-now

Old 02-26-2019, 08:45 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,897,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Dreamport Villages: Massive amusement park slated for Casa Grande finalizing 'any day now'

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-ce...ng-any-day-now
There are still the remnants of the last time Casa Grande almost had an amusement park in that area.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:14 PM

8,522 posts, read 10,044,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
There are still the remnants of the last time Casa Grande almost had an amusement park in that area.
Don't shoot the messenger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona