Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 04:26 PM

40 posts, read 76,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I have no kids. I admit that. But isn't it more sensible to live where you enjoy living more than living one hour closer to them? And, perhaps more importantly, where you can get work easily?

I mean, it's ONLY one hour.
I know it's only one hour difference, but my husband's daughter is 22 years old and wants things RIGHT NOW. That's why she initially suggested we move to Safford and told us to get jobs at the local mine. And that's when I put my foot down and said absolutely not!!! I had grown up in a small town and was TOTALLY OVER IT. Safford can be nice for the right people, but I need more in life than Home Depot and Wal-Mart and where everyone knows your business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2017, 04:41 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,288,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEBMurray View Post
I know it's only one hour difference, but my husband's daughter is 22 years old and wants things RIGHT NOW. That's why she initially suggested we move to Safford and told us to get jobs at the local mine. And that's when I put my foot down and said absolutely not!!! I had grown up in a small town and was TOTALLY OVER IT. Safford can be nice for the right people, but I need more in life than Home Depot and Wal-Mart and where everyone knows your business.
Oh, it's going to be a VERY disappointing life for the precious 22 year old sweetheart. "Told" you to get jobs at the local mine?

I think it's your turn to "tell" her a few things..

Old 09-17-2017, 05:02 PM

9,593 posts, read 31,571,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
As for climate, Tucson may be cooler, but is also more humid.
More Humid ? ? ?

Old 09-17-2017, 05:26 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,693,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
More Humid ? ? ?
The monsoon is more pronounced in Tucson which means the humidity is likely higher.

Old 09-17-2017, 05:40 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,902,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
More Humid ? ? ?
Certainly. And I say this as somebody who has lived in both.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:34 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,549,958 times
Moderator cut: The Phoenix versus Tucson and Tucson versus Phoenix threads were merged into this one thread.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:38 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,059,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEBMurray View Post
The last place I lived before moving to Arizona was Lake Elsinore. When I first moved there, the population was maybe 2,300. When I left about 20 years ago it was more than 23,000. You obviously moved there much later. Lake Elsinore used to be small town.

Good luck with whatever and wherever your choice may be. I personally do not have a problem with living in a small town.

Old 09-17-2017, 06:42 PM

29,876 posts, read 18,712,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Certainly. And I say this as somebody who has lived in both.
I haven't spent enough time in Tucson to make this comparison...so is it that noticeable and would you still agree that Tucson has a year round climate a little better than Phoenix?

Old 09-17-2017, 07:04 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,902,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I haven't spent enough time in Tucson to make this comparison...so is it that noticeable and would you still agree that Tucson has a year round climate a little better than Phoenix?
They're both very hot but I give Tucson the nod because it rains more often, is often cloudy in the afternoon during the summer, and cools off more more at night. Phoenix will stay in hot dry heat waves for weeks at a time.

Old 09-17-2017, 10:13 PM

2,448 posts, read 2,577,526 times
OP: There would be more employment opportunities for your husband in the Phoenix area. Tucson would be limited to a couple of aerospace companies and contract manufacturers who support them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona