Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2017, 05:32 PM

125 posts, read 157,921 times

Advertisements

My wife mentioned she saw about a yacht club in Sun City West, but the only thing I found was sun City West in Australia. I don't see any bodies of water on google earth, so I think she may be mistaken. We are probably retiring there next June, so any other advice is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 06:06 PM

576 posts, read 819,298 times
There is a large marina up at Lake Pleasant - about 15 miles north of SCW. Not sure if they have a yacht club or not, but there are a lot of large boats docked up there.

It's a real easy drive to get up to the lake and it is a nice marina - although I have heard a little pricey for a slip. But hey - if you can afford a yacht, you can probably afford the slip!

I can highly recommend SCW.... been here 2 years now and love it!

A search of yacht clubs revealed Ventana Lakes Yacht Club in Sun City. Maybe that is what your wife saw? Not much info provided in the links that came up on google, but it seems more like a social club than a resource for people with yachts. Not sure!

Old 10-06-2017, 06:15 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,717,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey59 View Post
There is a large marina up at Lake Pleasant - about 15 miles north of SCW. Not sure if they have a yacht club or not, but there are a lot of large boats docked up there.

It's a real easy drive to get up to the lake and it is a nice marina - although I have heard a little pricey for a slip. But hey - if you can afford a yacht, you can probably afford the slip!

I can highly recommend SCW.... been here 2 years now and love it!

A search of yacht clubs revealed Ventana Lakes Yacht Club in Sun City. Maybe that is what your wife saw? Not much info provided in the links that came up on google, but it seems more like a social club than a resource for people with yachts. Not sure!
Lake Pleasant is honestly so great. Way better than Roosevelt. It's really close to Sun City. I used to live due north of Sun City for my childhood and it would take less than 15 minutes to reach the marina.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:27 PM

I should mention, I dont have a yacht, but am considering a boat or a couple of jetskis

i

Old 10-06-2017, 10:49 PM

44,541 posts, read 61,201,075 times
Lake Pleasant is your closest water source for boats and jet skis from Sun City West. Take the 303 to Lake Pleasant Rd and go north about 15 minutes and you'll run into the entrance to the marina.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:36 AM

576 posts, read 819,298 times
OK, so the whole yacht thing was a red herring.... You were really just trying to find out where the closest water was. Got it. So that makes it much easier - move to SCW and take your boat / jet ski to Lake Pleasant! Done deal.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey59 View Post
OK, so the whole yacht thing was a red herring.... You were really just trying to find out where the closest water was. Got it. So that makes it much easier - move to SCW and take your boat / jet ski to Lake Pleasant! Done deal.
yeah, wife told me yacht club, after i posted i got to thinking "caddyshack". just looking for a big body of water

Old 10-07-2017, 03:13 PM

2,760 posts, read 5,678,807 times
I thought there was a thread like this once where the OP saw the big beautiful blue Aqua Fria River on the map but couldn't find it in real life.

I still smile thinking of someone driving east to west, back and forth on Bell Rd. looking for a big river.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: