Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 10:38 PM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times

Advertisements

In Arizona it is mandatory that all "law abiding citizens" carry at least one firearm at any given time. For vehicles: Trunk mounted Shotguns and rifles are optional, but highly recommended. I forgot the statute, but I know it's in there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2018, 10:39 PM

444 posts, read 321,820 times
AZ has the most relaxed guns laws in the nation, Guns and Ammo has AZ as their top state for gun owners again in 2017. Governor Ducey signed legislation in 2017 to prevent local governments from enacting background check requirements for gun ownership.
Best States for Gun Owners (2017) - Guns & Ammo

Old 02-07-2018, 01:33 PM

48 posts, read 34,704 times
AZ is truly the wild west when it comes to their gun laws. It's awesome.

I saw this news story on Youtube a while back. There was this tiny blonde woman entering the Circle K in Glendale, and this illegal alien walked up to her. He asked her something to distract her, and when she looked away for just a second she felt the barrel of a gun to her head, the illegal was going to rob her and kill her. But the woman acted fast, she pulled out her own gun and shot him dead. If this happened in NY or CA, the illegal would've killed that woman because she wouldn't have been able to carry a firearm on her at all.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:40 PM

48 posts, read 41,288 times
I'm considering moving to Arizona and the gun laws are a big reason to me too.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:31 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip91 View Post
AZ is truly the wild west when it comes to their gun laws. It's awesome.

I saw this news story on Youtube a while back. There was this tiny blonde woman entering the Circle K in Glendale, and this illegal alien walked up to her. He asked her something to distract her, and when she looked away for just a second she felt the barrel of a gun to her head, the illegal was going to rob her and kill her. But the woman acted fast, she pulled out her own gun and shot him dead. If this happened in NY or CA, the illegal would've killed that woman because she wouldn't have been able to carry a firearm on her at all.
I realize this doesn’t align with the narrative that’s being pushed here, but this recount is false. Is Frank Taylor the name of this “illegal”?

Was deadly shooting outside Glendale Circle K self-defense? - Arizona's Family

Old 02-08-2018, 10:42 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,696,169 times
Yep, no permit required to carry in the open or concealed within the state by residents.
It's quite common as you get away from the bigger cities to see people daily in WalMart or even the bank with a handgun on their hips.
I used to carry in full view, now concealed. I have lived in other states and had permits to carry in all of them but it's nice now not to have to get the permits/training to carry.
The question you have to ask yourself if you do want to risk yourself to the fact that many carry concealed today?

But no, it's not mandatory that you carry. You still have a choice.

Old 02-08-2018, 12:27 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
Yep, no permit required to carry in the open or concealed within the state by residents.
It's quite common as you get away from the bigger cities to see people daily in WalMart or even the bank with a handgun on their hips.
I used to carry in full view, now concealed. I have lived in other states and had permits to carry in all of them but it's nice now not to have to get the permits/training to carry.
The question you have to ask yourself if you do want to risk yourself to the fact that many carry concealed today?

But no, it's not mandatory that you carry. You still have a choice.

Just in case there are some who are traveling here it is legal to bring and carry your gun here as long as you're legal to do so in your home state.

Before moving here full time I use to check mine in my bagged luggage and declare it at the counter. It has to be in it's own separate locked container within your checked bag and you hold the key. I know it's not a problem with Southwest Air (it is actually easier than going through TSA security) but not sure about any of the other airlines.

Quote:
Arizona will honor all other states concealed carry permits. There is one exception with the Idaho permit as stated in the notes below. A person must be at least 21 years old to carry a concealed firearm in Arizona.
https://www.gunstocarry.com/gun-laws...zona-gun-laws/

Old 02-08-2018, 05:58 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,091,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Just in case there are some who are traveling here it is legal to bring and carry your gun here as long as you're legal to do so in your home state.
I too wanted to point this out. You do NOT have to be a resident of Arizona to enjoy all the firearms rights allowed here. Including concealed carry without a permit.

In fact, before the passage of permit less concealed carry, it was still considered open carry with just a portion of the pistol/holster visible.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:58 PM

13,252 posts, read 7,304,105 times
I moved from California in 1994 when the gun laws just started to change even then the laws were still reasonable handguns had a 15 day background check most everything was legal except full auto rifles had no waiting period. Now it's gone off the deep end with extreme laws each year passing that really only affect the law abiding citizen had very little impact on crime. Arizona gun laws are sensible, and reasonable If you look at Crime with use of a firearm the numbers were not much different then California maybe even less.

Last edited by kell490; 02-09-2018 at 10:10 PM..

Old 02-10-2018, 09:38 PM

861 posts, read 2,191,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I realize this doesn’t align with the narrative that’s being pushed here, but this recount is false. Is Frank Taylor the name of this “illegal”?

Was deadly shooting outside Glendale Circle K self-defense? - Arizona's Family
Looks like everything was pretty accurate except for the illegal part.

Who knows Frank Taylor might be illegal....

He was pulling a pretty illegal action....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona