Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2018, 08:46 AM

26 posts, read 30,203 times

Advertisements

Neither my wife or I had ever been to Green Valley, but here we were, 11:00 at night driving from Sky Harbor airport to Tucson(Long story) and finally, after all the realtor.com, City-Data,You tube video late nights, we were going to see Green Valley!Once we drove S of Tucson it was dark, hence the term black as a desert night!
We were looking for the Canoa Wyndham where we were staying .OK, found Canoa, then up the hill to the Wyndahm but it is so bloody dark I actually had to get out of the car to see the driveway!
So we're out of the car checked in outside looking around. It is 11:30 PM, 70 degrees,light breeze. We can see some palm trees in the parking lot but beyond..... blackness, not a street light!
Off to bed, 7:30 AM continental breakfast,were meeting a realtor at 8:00, there were 10 carefully selected houses and townhomes on our list to see today. Trouble was, they would sell from our lists as fast as we put them on! We hoped for the best.
Half asleep we stepped out of the hotel and BOOM, Palm trees, green desert ,golf course ,75 degrees, bright sun, the scenery was unbelievable. I'd seen Oregon and Califonia desert but not like this. It was really amazing.
Later we found out from our realtor there are a couple of observatories near town , hence the lack of streetlights.Hmmmm
On our first day out we had an opportunity at a townhome, just listed, and we are now Green Valley homeowners! Well, closing end of May.
We have a small farm in Eagle Creek Oregon, we used to have horses, but now just empty pastures.IN 3 short years when I retire, we'll sell our farm, and spend winters and spring in Green Valley and Summers and fall at a small place we have up in Ocean Park Washington, on the long beach peninsula.
This is the short version, We have been working on this retirement plan since 2013 and after looking at retirement places all over the country we can say that there was a short list of 3 places with Green valley at the top.
I want to say thank you to all the posters here that painted a beautiful and realistic picture of Green valley for us.
And to all you folks just considering Green Valley? I can save you 5 years of looking and wondering , because This be the place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2018, 09:54 AM

2,153 posts, read 5,175,351 times
Congratulations! Sounds like you have a great plan. I hope it works out for you.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:49 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times
That is awesome. Green Valley is where I'd like to relocate within the next year or so, but I haven't seen it in person yet so time will tell. Thanks so much for sharing this with us and do keep us posted.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:40 PM

Thanks! We're very exited to get this thing closed and move forward! I didn't mention that we got to spend time visiting some of the sites in the region, Tubac,Rio Rico, we even drove out to Tombstone. We had wonderful mid April weather!
Our house backs up to Arroyo and we already have seen a lot of wildlife, pretty exiting

Old 05-05-2018, 08:54 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,859,019 times
Check out Bisbee. It is old west town in a very pretty setting. We like to stay at B and B's there. Fun to poke around at the shops.

Old 05-05-2018, 09:32 PM

Thanks for the tip on Bisbee.

There is so much to see and so little time right now. We have a couple of longer trips planned after closing

Old 05-14-2018, 07:25 AM

221 posts, read 192,799 times
Dedicated research can and will pay off. This effort lands you in a wonderful area for the seasons which will provide you the best personal weather mix. This reward gives one an inner calm which arrives when you do your retirement homework.

Reap these benefits to the max!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona