Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 08:11 PM

555 posts, read 595,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah62 View Post
If she's that worried about being able to work without the nanny state helping her, I suggest she stay in California.
Rah. It's not about "the nanny state". It's about patient safety. It's about nurse burnout (and yes, many jobs are prone to burnout, but many RN's feel that being a nurse is not a job, it's a calling.) Higher burnout = higher turnover = higher costs to the hospital for training new staff or to hire temps/travelers; THAT gets passed on to us the consumers.

And no, I'm not a nurse. I'm a respiratory therapist and I'm proud to work alongside some awesome nurses, many of whom I consider friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 09:17 AM

69 posts, read 60,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah62 View Post
If she's that worried about being able to work without the nanny state helping her, I suggest she stay in California.
So again what capacity do you or have you worked within the health care system around the country?

Old 05-22-2018, 04:08 PM

90 posts, read 84,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJS1993 View Post
So again what capacity do you or have you worked within the health care system around the country?
Perhaps it wasn't stated as well as it could have been, but the underlying issue is those who believe that the 'state' needs to interject never ending control over peoples lives and how business is done vs. those who believe that 'state' power needs to be limited.

The thought process that the state should either legislate or administratively control patient nurse ratios is the same thought process that has driven tons of other controls over peoples lives, causing places like California to become bastions of idiocy.

So, the thought process is that people leave these control states with their high taxes and other regulations to go to greener pastures (well, not that Arizona is greener) but bring their big brother attitudes with them (sometimes in not so obvious ways - perhaps the government regulating the patient nurse ratio is one of them).

Old 05-27-2018, 09:20 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,878,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyChoices View Post
Perhaps it wasn't stated as well as it could have been, but the underlying issue is those who believe that the 'state' needs to interject never ending control over peoples lives and how business is done vs. those who believe that 'state' power needs to be limited.

The thought process that the state should either legislate or administratively control patient nurse ratios is the same thought process that has driven tons of other controls over peoples lives, causing places like California to become bastions of idiocy.

So, the thought process is that people leave these control states with their high taxes and other regulations to go to greener pastures (well, not that Arizona is greener) but bring their big brother attitudes with them (sometimes in not so obvious ways - perhaps the government regulating the patient nurse ratio is one of them).
Thank you for that. I get so angry, as a card carrying Libertarian of over 30 years standing, when people decide they want to move to another state because it has low taxes but they bring their big-government mindset with them and start voting in ways that those low taxes that attracted them will be gone in no time.

As to the person I had to place on ignore: in no way, shape or form will I ever be able or willing discuss my employment record (or anything remotely pertaining to it such as job titles) on an internet forum with perfect strangers when there's no way of knowing who who could be reading.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:31 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,947,351 times
Quote:

I have to say I admire people who can coin phrases like "bastions of idiocy." It's so true.

rah62, good for you for standing up to the bullying tactics.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:58 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
Quote:

Well, if for-profit hospitals were more concerned about true quality patient care, those "bastions of idiocy" states wouldn't have to pass patient/caregiver ratios.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:58 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,878,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Well, if for-profit hospitals were more concerned about true quality patient care, those "bastions of idiocy" states wouldn't have to pass patient/caregiver ratios.
So following your logic, mandated ratios shouldn't then apply to non-profit hospitals? Because that's most definitely not the case.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:47 PM

90 posts, read 84,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Your post makes my case, although I would bet you don't realize it. In places like California, each of those never ending rules and regulations were done for some reason. The end result is an overwhelming burden. My point was that people from those states leave them because of what happens as a result of the government burden on the people, yet bring with them the thought process that causes it, for example "Well, if ....states wouldn't have to....".

Old 05-29-2018, 09:34 AM

69 posts, read 60,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyendra.singh View Post
+ = It's not like California. It is different
- = You might have some issue coping with the climate
I love the desert climate and landscape!!! BRING IT!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona