Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2018, 04:04 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,901,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Us e l am, quietly reading when I hear a normal se. I look up and it's raining. Didn't last long but anything's better than nothing I suppose.

It's raining here. Not stormy but just a nice rain. A tad heavy but no big winds. Just the way I like it. I haven't had the AC on for a couple of days and today is downright chilly! My daughter spending so much time at her boyfriend's house is a big help! Since she's a day sleeper I can't make her suffer when it's hot so my electric bill went through the roof. From sixty something to $200!! Went back down this month and should get lower pretty fast now. Whew!

Well! I spoke too soon. It is now coming down like it did the other day when it flooded so bad. My yard, next to the street is already flooded and water is pooling front and back yards. A big wind roared through but settled down already. Oh man, I love these Monsoons. Just don't like the destruction that they are capable of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 08:19 AM

69 posts, read 53,974 times
In the Huachuca Mountains area, it seemed like this year's monsoon season was a good bit rainier than it has been for the last 2 or 3 years. Or maybe my house just happened to be a microburst target more often this year than in the past. It was good to get a lot of rain, don't get me wrong. Not used to having to stay so on top of hedge-trimming and weeding, guess I got spoiled.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:36 AM

1,399 posts, read 1,249,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CybSecGuy View Post
In the Huachuca Mountains area, it seemed like this year's monsoon season was a good bit rainier than it has been for the last 2 or 3 years. Or maybe my house just happened to be a microburst target more often this year than in the past. It was good to get a lot of rain, don't get me wrong. Not used to having to stay so on top of hedge-trimming and weeding, guess I got spoiled.

Last year the area got most of its rainfall in July and very little at all in August. One thing I noticed this year was that the lightning arced from the Whetstones to the Huachucas making spectacular lightning shows

Old 08-29-2018, 09:56 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CybSecGuy View Post
That's true.

Arizonans' lost art of having to perform hedge-trimming and weeding chores suddenly comes back into the reality of life!

Old 09-02-2018, 05:18 PM

7,036 posts, read 6,287,208 times
Thunder and dark clouds today. Fingers crossed.

Yup. It's raining. The cool air feels great and the thunder is awesome!

Last edited by meo92953; 09-02-2018 at 06:18 PM..

Old 09-02-2018, 06:42 PM

7,036 posts, read 6,287,208 times
This 'storm' is so awesome. Just the sounds of the thunder and now the sun is peeking through the clouds.

It was worth it to move here just to see something like this.

Old 09-03-2018, 02:18 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,089,707 times
The storms have been dancing around me. Way around. I've only gotten a couple sprinkles and some distant thunder.

I guess last night up in Pinetop proper that had a real gully washer complete with some good sized hail.

Old 09-03-2018, 02:28 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,607,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
The storms have been dancing around me. Way around. I've only gotten a couple sprinkles and some distant thunder.

I guess last night up in Pinetop proper that had a real gully washer complete with some good sized hail.
Dang Arizona storms! They're fickle, Earp. FICKLE!

Old 09-04-2018, 08:15 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,959,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
This 'storm' is so awesome. Just the sounds of the thunder and now the sun is peeking through the clouds.

It was worth it to move here just to see something like this.
You can see that anywhere. lol

Old 09-04-2018, 10:15 AM

872 posts, read 998,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
You can see that anywhere. lol
Back east the storms are on top of you are all around, you can't see them in the distance like here and watch the rainfall. The winds/clouds/sun seems different too. It may be the scenery and the smells, etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona