U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 08:07 PM

772 posts, read 572,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick974 View Post
Pouring sideways rain, thunder and lightning here at Ellsworth and Brown in the east valley. Its about time. Great fun. Temperature is 68 degrees.
Woohoo.........
Cool! Enjoy!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 08:10 AM
Status: "Well, that certainly was a bust" (set 22 hours ago)

1,884 posts, read 1,876,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Ya know...if there weren't so many crazies up there...just watching Payson's mayoral and city council races this year and people are down right nasty to each other. The Payson FB pages: Payson Politics, the yardsale page...The Roundup, KRIM...it is all getting very bitter. And for what? A City Council seat that pays next to nothing? Some stupid Hockey school that is just costing the city money and will NEVER come to fruition?

We were considering moving up there but after seeing how people behave to their neighbors and acquaintances in a town that small, it is just scary.
Payson is WAY over there <-------.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:28 AM

5,824 posts, read 4,198,257 times
We had a real rain last night. Today it's muggy & cloudy & that's just fine with me. Just means it may rain again.

The rain didn't start until after I went to bed. How refreshing to listen to the rain come down. It lulled me into sleep.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:36 AM

5,230 posts, read 3,591,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
We had a real rain last night. Today it's muggy & cloudy & that's just fine with me. Just means it may rain again.

The rain didn't start until after I went to bed. How refreshing to listen to the rain come down. It lulled me into sleep.
Hey, Meo... you may not realize it, but you're finally speaking like an Arizonan.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:48 AM

866 posts, read 785,298 times
Definitely felt hail and those strong winds. Umbrellas were all over the place at my complex's pool area

Old 07-10-2018, 01:54 PM

Thanks Colt!

There are times I miss those 10,000 lakes but the positives of Arizona so outweigh any negatives. (I 'm trying to think of a negative & I can't come up with one. Will have to ponder that.)

Old 07-10-2018, 09:37 PM

8,776 posts, read 10,408,337 times
Quote:

Third day in a row we've had clouds and thunder and actually got a little rain earlier today. It's cooler out but, boy, is the humidity 'thick'. I do love to go to sleep listening to the rain.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:46 AM

Whoa - the mist surrounding the mountains was beautiful this morning. It's starting to burn off now but am awfully glad I was awake to see it.

I do have a question about the ants. This is the first time I've seen such a horde of them. Is this normal during monsoon? I am going to the store to buy a spray bottle and fill it with vinegar and water to spray outside my door but wonder how long this infestation lasts.

I have never seen anything like this before. Another Arizona quirk?

I should add that they are all outside. Haven't seen any inside at all.

Old 07-11-2018, 12:35 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,591,189 times
Quote:
Whoa - the mist surrounding the mountains was beautiful this morning. It's starting to burn off now but am awfully glad I was awake to see it.

I do have a question about the ants. This is the first time I've seen such a horde of them. Is this normal during monsoon? I am going to the store to buy a spray bottle and fill it with vinegar and water to spray outside my door but wonder how long this infestation lasts.

I have never seen anything like this before. Another Arizona quirk?

I should add that they are all outside. Haven't seen any inside at all.
Yes, ants of every size and color are one of the many invasions which Arizona receives during Monsoon time. They come, they go. They form long lines and parade by our homes...

Old 07-11-2018, 05:39 PM

2,976 posts, read 2,946,389 times
Is it possible to get tornadoes in northeastern AZ since it's fairly open and flat with the recent monsoon moisture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or