Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 08:55 PM

42 posts, read 48,558 times

Advertisements

Rancho Mirage:

https://goo.gl/maps/8A5xd7EJUmJ2

Indian Wells

https://goo.gl/maps/S56aFv4QFQo

So based on basic map research, Indian Wells and Rancho Mirage are rather small golfing resort communities that look like small, more arid versions of Scottsdale and Paradise valley.

If you think these exude class more than Phoenix, then cool live in Indio/Palm Springs I guess. I think Ill stick to what we got.

Scottsdale/PV

https://goo.gl/maps/CdMSY4dHri32

https://goo.gl/maps/snEJf5rnmK92

(Probably cheaper too)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 09:59 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,301,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Everyone has different needs and desires, you moved to Arizona and seem happy there, that's what counts right? I don't have any desire to slam Arizona, I've been there many times. I was in Tempe for a few months on a consulting job several years ago, I had a great time and liked the area. What I can't understand is this pervasive need to slam California, it's puzzling...
Then there's this..,yep, California is like every other state...we are all just jealous. How many more example do you want? I can keep them coming!!

https://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/a...224951810.html

Old 01-24-2019, 11:59 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
This is total nonses, Arizona has good wage growth, job growth and wealth growth, why are you posting such nonsense the average wage in Phoenix is like 27$ an hour as of 2018.

The average.

Go away

Edit: after reading through his posts I believe this poster is a total troll, all he has done is spew nonsense about Palm Springs and Indio being trendier than Scottsdale (lol what?? Are you 85???)

Edit 2: after reading further it seems this poster is simply obsessed with his weird fantastical love of California and specifically ****ting on Arizona as well as other places outside of California or New England.

Who hurt you Bert?

Stop responding to him
No it isn't. The median hourly wage in Maricopa County is about $13.85/hr, and we have the highest wages in the state. Don't confuse household income (most households are two people) with individual income

Old 01-25-2019, 12:17 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Everyone has different needs and desires, you moved to Arizona and seem happy there, that's what counts right? I don't have any desire to slam Arizona, I've been there many times. I was in Tempe for a few months on a consulting job several years ago, I had a great time and liked the area. What I can't understand is this pervasive need to slam California, it's puzzling...

The $64,000 question is, Why do you care?/Why is that something you'd even think about?

If you're confident re how you feel about California, why would you care about or be bothered by what anyone else thinks about the state?

Old 01-25-2019, 12:21 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
Not to mention a bazillion other taxes and fees. I'm glad Sleepy likes it though. Someone has to or they'd close the state down. Even though CA has some of the worse highways in the 50 states, I still want to go back and visit th wonderful weather occasionally. Thanks to Sleepy for paying the high taxes and taking one for the team.

LOL, although I don't think she looks at it that way

Old 01-25-2019, 12:29 AM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
Then there's this..,yep, California is like every other state...we are all just jealous. How many more example do you want? I can keep them coming!!

https://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/a...224951810.html

You realize, of course, that you're responding to someone who wants to ban soda entirely, not just tax it. Because she and other Californians know what's best for us, of course.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:02 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,091,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
You realize, of course, that you're responding to someone who wants to ban soda entirely, not just tax it. Because she and other Californians know what's best for us, of course.
Of course, because just like seatbelt, helmut, smoking, transfat (next I'm sure), etc., etc., laws, 'it will save us all on healthcare'. ROTFLMAO!

Old 01-25-2019, 07:35 AM

2,003 posts, read 2,880,361 times
In the PHX paper now that automotive texting bans are being introduced in the AZ Legislature... by Republicans.

"Californization" my foot. The Republicans want to run our lives just as much as the Democrats do.

Old 01-25-2019, 07:49 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,631,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post
In the PHX paper now that automotive texting bans are being introduced in the AZ Legislature... by Republicans.

"Californization" my foot. The Republicans want to run our lives just as much as the Democrats do.
They're called Democrat-lite for a reason or RINO, its why I don't belong to either political party. Unaffiliated all the way.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:34 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,301,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamson520 View Post

If you think texting while driving is a good idea, then you're wrong. I have no trouble with a law agains it and I generally support the Republican philosophy. I can't tell you how many times I've avoided accidents (barely) because the other driver was texting (phone in plain view).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona