Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 09:18 PM

551 posts, read 687,990 times

Advertisements

Manufactured news rather than real news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2019, 12:21 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,564,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
My point is that he's always cherry picking these articles when BOTH sides have done it. It's a bunch of nothing he's trying to make into something! McSally did the right thing and refunded the extra.
Actually, McSally has NOT yet refunded the overages from this last election. She did the same thing in her 2014 campaign. Articles said she would be refunding the 2014 overages but I could not find actual confirmation that she did in fact refund.

Regardless, you'd think she would have learned from the first time.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:03 PM

784 posts, read 918,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
She donated it to a group that combats sexual abuse, the Arizona Coalition to End Sexual and Domestic Violence. So what's your point? She did the right thing.
You don't get to clean tainted money just by giving it to someone else......the money should have went to the treasury.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:15 PM

9,189 posts, read 16,544,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
You don't get to clean tainted money just by giving it to someone else......the money should have went to the treasury.
Should have went? Yikes. Why would it go to the Treasury? It was donated money. Her using it to combat the negativity that sourced it was the most helpful use for it.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:26 PM

784 posts, read 918,207 times
That shouldn't be her choice....if you want no part of tainted money then it should go to an entity that you get no praise or applause from...that would be the treasury instead of a charity of her choice.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:51 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,894,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdahunt View Post
That shouldn't be her choice....if you want no part of tainted money then it should go to an entity that you get no praise or applause from...that would be the treasury instead of a charity of her choice.
Nah the charity was a better idea. Isn’t that usually the line? Government shouldn’t take care of people because we have private charity?

Old 02-03-2019, 02:38 PM

2,774 posts, read 893,463 times
Aside from the non-scandal, I find it ironic that we now have a two female (well one female and the other maybe kinda female) senators that represent Arizona.

One is a warrior, the other a warlock. Sad to see that so many of the uninformed fell for the "moderate" Simena.

Old 02-03-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Aside from the non-scandal, I find it ironic that we now have a two female (well one female and the other maybe kinda female) senators that represent Arizona.

One is a warrior, the other a warlock. Sad to see that so many of the uninformed fell for the "moderate" Simena.
What’s ironic about having two female senators? How is one “maybe kinda female”? Just because she was a soldier and likely a lesbian doesn’t make her any less female, assuming that’s your insinuation.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:12 PM

2,774 posts, read 893,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
What’s ironic about having two female senators? How is one “maybe kinda female”? Just because she was a soldier and likely a lesbian doesn’t make her any less female, assuming that’s your insinuation.
Sinema's calling card when she became a congressional representative (mine unfortunately) was her pride in being the "first openly bisexual member of congress". If it doesn't matter what she chooses as her sexual practice then why was it so important to her to make a point of it? Why is it so important to her that she not place her hand on the bible when sworn in?

She's also Wiccan friendly, which I believe means she practices Wicca. But being that specific won't fly even with many left leaning democrats. She claims publicly that she has no religious affiliation, but I don't believe it. Therefore, being as she hangs her hat on the bisexual lifestyle, she can be a warlock instead of a witch. So if I'm poking fun at her "look, I'm a hipster bisexual anything but Christian" member of congress, but that doesn't make any difference in how I perform as a congress person/senator.

Her record exposes her as far left and that won't change.

Old 02-03-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
Sinema's calling card when she became a congressional representative (mine unfortunately) was her pride in being the "first openly bisexual member of congress". If it doesn't matter what she chooses as her sexual practice then why was it so important to her to make a point of it? Why is it so important to her that she not place her hand on the bible when sworn in?

She's also Wiccan friendly, which I believe means she practices Wicca. But being that specific won't fly even with many left leaning democrats. She claims publicly that she has no religious affiliation, but I don't believe it. Therefore, being as she hangs her hat on the bisexual lifestyle, she can be a warlock instead of a witch. So if I'm poking fun at her "look, I'm a hipster bisexual anything but Christian" member of congress, but that doesn't make any difference in how I perform as a congress person/senator.

Her record exposes her as far left and that won't change.
LOL, and I thought you were going after the masculine soldier lady. Discussing their sexual orientation and whether or not they are “real females” is just stupid and immature.

Sinema didn’t swear on the Bible because she’s not a Christian. What is wrong with that? It’s an idiotic outdated custom anyway, especially as religiosity is losing its mainstream appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: