Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 12:45 AM

47 posts, read 224,361 times

Advertisements

Back in 04 when I was in Yuma, I was bored one afternoon before all the horrors started. I went to a fortune tellers shop. I kid you not that the shopkeeper told me Yuma kills relationships. Later that same day out of boredom, I went on a guided tour of downtown. It was rumored to be haunted. I doubted that, and what I was told about Yuma is a relationship killer. But, in the "spirit" of the Halloween season, I went. It was lead by a group called the Yuma Spirit Hunters. It was interesting and educational, and kind of cool. After what that witch said, and what I saw that night downtown, nothing about Yuma suprises me. By the way, if you're bored in October, that tour is very worth going on.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 6,829 times
Default Why has nothing ever happened to me?

I have lived in yuma for 20 years and i have walked from 16th st. to 1st. street and i have never gotten kidnapped. I have jogged at night by myself and I have ridden my bike by myself during the day and at night. Why has nothing ever happened to me? It is not that Yuma is a bad place to live it is just really hot in the summer. I am not saying that I don't believe you it is just wierd that nothing has ever happened to me. I was only 8 yrs old when I walked from 16th to 1st and that would have been the most likely time for something to happen to me.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:35 PM
see

1 posts, read 6,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terra nova View Post
I was walking out of the r.v. park where I was staying. My car was broken down, and I had some important mail I had to get at the post office, so I had to walk. This "man" was hanging around the park. There is a big hill with lots of huge rocks on the corner of Fortuna and Foothills Blvd. Across from Barneys. To the south. He was following me. Before I knew it he shoved me down that hill. I went end over teacup and hit my head on the rocks bad. More continues...
Terra Nova is a big fat ugly LIAR.
There is NO intersection of Fortuna and Foothills Blvd !! They run parallel with about a MILE separating them!
There is NO "Barney's" here! NEVER WAS !

Old 07-04-2008, 01:35 PM

148 posts, read 757,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by see View Post
There is NO intersection of Fortuna and Foothills Blvd !! They run parallel with about a MILE separating them!
I hear that for some, fantasies can sometimes turn into reality. Unfortunately for me, it has not turned out that way but I leave my Hawaiian Tropic Bikini Team poster on the wall with high hopes.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:54 PM

99 posts, read 386,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by see View Post
There's 43 Barney's in Yuma AZ all you have to do is Google & you'll see

Old 07-04-2008, 04:25 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,927 times
Default What relationship?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by terra nova View Post
Back in 04 when I was in Yuma, I was bored one afternoon before all the horrors started. I went to a fortune tellers shop. I kid you not that the shopkeeper told me Yuma kills relationships. Later that same day out of boredom, I went on a guided tour of downtown. It was rumored to be haunted. I doubted that, and what I was told about Yuma is a relationship killer. But, in the "spirit" of the Halloween season, I went. It was lead by a group called the Yuma Spirit Hunters. It was interesting and educational, and kind of cool. After what that witch said, and what I saw that night downtown, nothing about Yuma suprises me. By the way, if you're bored in October, that tour is very worth going on.
I am not sure I totally agree about Yuma being a relationship killer. What sort of relationships can actually be found here? If you can't find anyone to start a relationship with, how can it be killed? I guess maybe if you already had a relationship before coming here. There aren't a lot of places to meet decent people. It's even hard to meet people at church because everyone is so much older than me. The people I know who are my age are living like they are 50 and want to stay home on Friday night.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:15 PM

559 posts, read 1,464,337 times
I don't believe tera nova and this whole story about being kidnapped and what not. No offense but it just sounds fake. I don't believe one bit of it. Why would you be so willingly and opening to share a story like that, it should of been a nightmare for you, and you shouldn't want to relive it by retelling it. It just all seems fishy, like somebody said there is no intersection at Fortuna and Foothills Blvd, and if somebody kidnapped you why would he tell you his life story, and let you know everything about him? And you only have 44 posts on this site so imo you don't have much credibility. You say that your were tutored for weeks, but nobody noticed you were gone? Nobody called the police? And you say you came back with post tramuatic stress disorder, but here you are talking about it quite openly like its no big deal.

I go to Yuma all the time and stay there for weeks at a time and have never heard or seen anything like this, and i have talked to a friend that lived there for 15 years.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:27 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowthedirtbub View Post
I don't believe tera nova and this whole story about being kidnapped and what not.
Second that!

Old 07-08-2008, 09:47 AM

48,132 posts, read 22,004,457 times
I will say that of all the towns and cities I traveled thru from NH to California and then from California back to New England ... Yuma was the least appealing spot on both trips. I can't imagine living there.....but I know that some folks must love it. So I won't knock it. Home is where the heart is.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:57 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Second that!
+3

I smell a 'Bronx' sewer rat here too.

BTW: I visited Yuma once and actually liked it.

The city has real stores, streets, etc.

The one thing that concerned me were the emissions from the fighter jets over on the nearby Marine base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona