U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-03-2009, 06:49 AM

2 posts, read 3,373 times
Default Goldhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangapril View Post
Note how this person hasn't come back after pulling the b.s. out of the original story. Also, 'terra nova" is a state test for 2nd graders LOL

I don't believe this story one bit!
I didn't come back because I really didn't think there was any reason to get into further discussion with a bunch of do-gooders that believe the world is one big happy playground where violence is something shown at the cinemas. A Congressman in Iowa made a study on illegal alien crimes in this country and came up with an average of 12 strongarm crimes committed by illegals in this country A DAY that resulted in murder, plus another 13 crimes of death or injury committed by uninsured, unlicensed drivers per day. Now that is more than is killed or wounded in the war in Iraq that so many are crying about killing so many of our young men. And the sad part of the study was that many of the killed are women and children murdered in crimes of rape and child molestation. But yet people such as you doubters will still keep your heads buried in the sand and try and ridicule and make liars out of those that have experienced such animalistic behavior from the criminals that are walking around free because we have become a country of bleeding hearts.HAT IS THE REASON I DID NOT COME BACK TO YOU! And I will not Waste my time on a bunch of idiots.

Old 03-03-2009, 01:54 PM

13,501 posts, read 15,566,348 times
Well, she said we should contact law enforcement if we didn't believe her. But, how can anyone do that without a report number, and then pay the fee to get a copy???? The streets she described don't intersect, the "drifter" (she never said he was an illegal alien) has "a name, address and phone number", and told her his life story while giving her drugs so she slept a lot. It is kind of an extreme story, and if having your own ax to grind about law enforcement makes it believable to you, so be it.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:37 PM

45 posts, read 100,690 times
lmao this thread came back up? I read this when I was thinking about moving to yuma and it is too wack to be true. I love yuma and think its a great place to be! I wouldn't move here until AFTER I signed the papers for a job because I knew of the extreme unemployment here. After working here a few months I feel real good about it. Sure there is crime and yeah the illegals are kinda creepy at times, but I think overall this town has a lot to offer. If you know what parts to stay away from or travel in groups then you will have no issues. Also, I have learned to drive the speed limit and not get p$ss3d if some old dude does 45 in a 55 in the "fast" lane, I'm happy moving at that pace 'cause it's a lot faster than Phoenix!!! It's been real easy seeing the old/illegal drivers and avoid collisions. More people should open their eyes. They'd be surprised at what they see!

as I said in my "I love Yuma" thread, It doesn't matter if you live in paradise or hell, most people will only see the bad, I choose to look at things from a different angle and see what good Yuma has to offer. I want to be happy for once and not hate where I live, even if it is hell.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:57 PM

41 posts, read 117,014 times
I am so sorry for what happened to you...thanks for giving the information about the yuma, people who wants to move to yuma can think twice before going.

Moderator cut: no links

Last edited by sablebaby; 03-08-2009 at 10:47 AM..

Old 06-11-2009, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,354 times
Default w1ngzer0

im sorry to break it to u but that chick was bull****ting! ive lived here in yuma for 25 years already and nothing like that goes ignored. ok if someone kidnapped her how does she know so much info? why did he let her go?she just has a prob with yuma maybe she was bullied growing up. why she would bring this beautiful town down who knows?

Old 06-11-2009, 05:38 PM

677 posts, read 1,484,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Hunter View Post
I didn't come back because I really didn't think there was any reason to get into further discussion with a bunch of do-gooders that believe the world is one big happy playground where violence is something shown at the cinemas. A Congressman in Iowa made a study on illegal alien crimes in this country and came up with an average of 12 strongarm crimes committed by illegals in this country A DAY that resulted in murder, plus another 13 crimes of death or injury committed by uninsured, unlicensed drivers per day. Now that is more than is killed or wounded in the war in Iraq that so many are crying about killing so many of our young men. And the sad part of the study was that many of the killed are women and children murdered in crimes of rape and child molestation. But yet people such as you doubters will still keep your heads buried in the sand and try and ridicule and make liars out of those that have experienced such animalistic behavior from the criminals that are walking around free because we have become a country of bleeding hearts.HAT IS THE REASON I DID NOT COME BACK TO YOU! And I will not Waste my time on a bunch of idiots.
Gimme a break. You, Gold Hunter, are the idiot. I seriously doubt anyone who was a TRUE victim of such a crime would come onto an internet forum, post their experience on here, provide a lot of information that is totally unsubstantiated and unable to be verified. The person with their head in the sand is YOU; the one who is willing to believe anyone without a second thought. The people who refuse to be sheep look at other angles and TRY to find evidence that backs up someone's claim.
Next time you decide to make up a username and jump on a forum just to respond to one lousy post, why don't you just go watch "American Idol" instead, and leave the real posting to others.
And where in the HECK did you pull out the "illegal alien" thing?? Nowhere in Nova's post did I see any mention the "offender" was illegal??
Find another place to troll.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,281 times
There was a troll who made a post and B-S was it's name-o.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:07 PM

643 posts, read 793,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terra nova View Post
I saw some of you were planning to move to Yuma. I have tried on several occasions to move there since 2002. I was lied to about promised employment. I couldnt find work of any kind. I went home broke. In 2004 I tried again. I was kidnapped this time in broad daylight. Thrown down a boulder filled hill. My cellphone was stolen, and a diamond ring. I was drugged, threatened daily, beaten up, and raped. I escaped by miracle. I was nearly dead after weeks of torture. I went home with post traumatic stress disorder, depression, and night terrors. For 2 years I tried my best to get the police to do something. At least question the "man" who did this to me. I had his name, address, phone number, etc, They would not even question him. I lost my 11 year relationship over this hellish nightmare. I cannot strongly recommend everyone to stay away from Yuma. I even got parasites from the recycled waste water my kidnapper made me drink!!! There are many nice cities in Arizona, Yuma is not one of them!
liar

Old 06-23-2009, 10:09 AM

11,337 posts, read 9,709,189 times
Well the OP hasn't posted in almost a year so I doubt she will see this.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:23 PM

11 posts, read 21,585 times
I actually read through this whole thread and im calling it BS!

"terra nova" and "gold hunter" are the same person.
Did anyone else notice this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangapril View Post
Note how this person hasn't come back after pulling the b.s. out of the original story. Also, 'terra nova" is a state test for 2nd graders LOL

I don't believe this story one bit!
and then theres this reply, sounds like she ment to post this as "terra nova" but forgot she was looged in as "gold hunter".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Hunter View Post
case closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona